Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ gloves

BBQ gloves

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:58 pm
jmartis well done
well done

Can anyone recommend some nice heavy duty high temp gloves for BBQing? Xmas is coming up and my darn rawhide leather gloves don't keep my hands safe all the time. Thanks!
Low n Slow - that is the tempo

Large Big Green Egg
CG Super Pro w/ SFB
I'm not religious, but God bless Texas BBQ!

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:18 pm

I use Black Stallion welding gloves. I use them for the bbq and the fireplace.
Weber 22.5" Kettle
New Braunfels Silver Smoker
UDS

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:01 pm
burgers rare
rare

Try these. http://www.texasbbqrub.com/tools.htm And their rub's not too bad, either.
TANSTAAFL

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:06 pm
jmartis well done
well done

Thanks burger, I am looking for more the leather high heat gloves for handling grates, putting my hands into fire 8)
Low n Slow - that is the tempo

Large Big Green Egg
CG Super Pro w/ SFB
I'm not religious, but God bless Texas BBQ!

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:13 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Check out the ones at Plow & Hearth.

They have two versions.

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:58 pm
icemanrrc medium
medium

To handle hot items like the grill and chimney starter, etc, you need welding gloves. You can get them at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

For handling and separating meat, etc, you want the texasbbqrub ones that a previous poster mentioned. They make a real mean bbq rub too!

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:28 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

You can purchase BBG from Steve's store-- five finger and long enough
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:13 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

jmartis wrote:
Thanks burger, I am looking for more the leather high heat gloves for handling grates, putting my hands into fire 8)

I just use thick, long-gauntleted suede welding gloves at about $6.00 a pair - nothing fancy either but they come in blue, black, and a few other colors. You can get these at almost any work wear store or auto or welding supply outlet. I pick up hot grates and even burning coals with mine, and they're great for stoking the fireplace.

And at the price, it's not a bad idea to pick up a spare pair or two, either. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:04 pm
JD_Smokes well done
well done

burgers wrote:
Try these. http://www.texasbbqrub.com/tools.htm And their rub's not too bad, either.

I know these weren't what the OP was looking for, but just to chime in on these: I have two pairs of these and they are awesome for actually handling the meats directly off the grill and pulling pork, etc!!! And at $10 a pair with free shipping, you can't beat the deal. They are as good or better than more expensive ones on the market, so no reason to spend more imo. The textured fingers make for a great grip. And being 100% waterproof not only keeps the juices out but clean up is just a matter of washing your hands while still wearing the gloves.

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
I just use thick, long-gauntleted suede welding gloves at about $6.00 a pair - nothing fancy either but they come in blue, black, and a few other colors. You can get these at almost any work wear store or auto or welding supply outlet. I pick up hot grates and even burning coals with mine, and they're great for stoking the fireplace.

And at the price, it's not a bad idea to pick up a spare pair or two, either. :D

I'll have to look for these. I need a pair to handle the fire box on my upright smoker; I make due with heavy leather gloves but they really aren't sufficient. Thanks for the tip.
Eating meat is murder.....mmmm, tasty, tasty murder.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Return to General Discussion