Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Which Book To Buy Next?

Which Book To Buy Next?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:45 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Barbecue Bible and Beer Can Chicken are on my list for Christmas, along with a new smoker.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:26 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You'll love the beer can chicken book. I love it because it is full of fun recipes. Stuff like the beer can bird itself where people look at it and just go wow.

Hope Santa delivers

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:37 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Beer can chicken is definately an excellent book. We had the Coke can chicken last Saturday and it was delicious. Wished I had made more than one because we didn't have any leftovers.

Hickory Pete has the right idea ... keep buying until you have all the books, "Barbecue Bible" & "Beer Can Chicken" and you'll be set.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:12 am
hickory pete well done
well done

"Beer Can Chicken", and "Barbecue Bible" are definitely next for me.

Pete

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:47 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I was somewhat dissappointed in BBQ USA. I feel it is a better coffetable book than a cookbook. But is still worth having in your collection.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:55 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I agree with Grand Scale. BBQ USA does have a lot of surplus reading.

All Steven's books are good but I'd have to say that my favorite is "How to Grill". It's chalked with pictures and step-by-step instructions. The photos give good ideas for presenting the final product and not just a recipe on a black & white page.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:31 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

I have to agree with you guy's. There is a lot of reading in BBQ USA, which I do like, but so far, "How To Grill", in my opinion, is better than the others. I think that's what good about all the books...they are all unique, and have something for everyone.

Pete

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:33 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Is the Barbecue Bible like How to Grill or more like BBQ USA. I do have to agree with everyone about the extra stories in the BBQ USA book, but I did find them interesting. How to Grill is terrific though, because of the pictures.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:56 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

I see the add for "Cook'N & Grill'N" (CD), and wonder if it is a made for computer copy of the "Barbecue Bible". If it is the same, I think I'd rather have the book version.

Pete

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:46 pm
dkirn well done
well done

How to grill is good for newbies with all of the pictures. I do like the sauces book for all the recipes

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:31 pm

Stripegrill,

The Barbecue Bible is in between How to Grill and BBQ USA and different from each. It's more like a traditional cookbook. There are short introductions to most of the recipes. But it is lacking pictures. The Barbecue Bible has cooking clipart throughout but they're not helpful to the dish, just clipart. It's not in color like How to Grill. But it does have a lot of good recipes!

Bob.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:36 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Stripegrill,

The previous post is mine. Somehow I was logged out.

Bob.

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:31 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Thank you for your kind words about all my books. it means a lot to me. You guys and gals rock!
SR

Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:01 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Hey Steven!

Welcome back!!!

Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:30 am
hickory pete well done
well done

I believe that I will be getting the Barbecue Bible, and Beer Can Chicken books this Christmas. I'm still kicking around the idea of buying Cook'n & Grill'n CDROM. Actually I have been looking at the local stores, and have not been able to find it anywhere. I know I can get it online, but have been trying to find it around here.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion