Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Newsletter Poll Question

Newsletter Poll Question

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:13 am
hickory pete well done
well done

We buy Potato rolls here all the time. They're quite good. I like to use them for dipping. Thanks for posting the recipe. We were talking about them after reading the post, but didn't know what, or how they were made.

Pete

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:18 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Wow! And I thought the Cardiologist's Nightmare in Beer Can Chicken was bad! This is a hot dog that means business. Pass the Liptor, please!
Steven Raichlen

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:21 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Thanks for the potato roll recipe. Your perfectionism is obvious. Here's a thought--what if you rolled small balls of dough into flat circles the size of pita breads, then direct grilled them as you would Indian naan?

Let us know how it works out.

SR

Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:10 am
dkirn well done
well done

Cool thought! I was going to make the potato rolls this weekend - I will roll some out and grill and post the results.

Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:22 am
chagan well done
well done

Did you get a chance dkirn, how'd they come out? Or do we need to peer pressure you into making them? :twisted: I would do it myself, but I have one final college football game to attend and I think that I will be donating my time to making the crawfish casserole again-simply amazing!

http://www.experienceneworleans.com/recipes.html

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:43 pm
DrunkMonkey medium-rare
medium-rare

I love the hot dog in all its original glory, HOWEVER you have not experienced a hot dog/ burger / white hot (hot dog made from pure pork and NOT pre cooked) until you have had a garbage plate from good old Nick Tahous here in Rochester...

http://patjenk.com/rochester/tahous/index.htm

In college it was the place to go after the bars closed at 2am. Now its a place I have taken my son since he was a newborn and now that we are expecting our second, its a place I'll take the whole family! It may not look beautiful from the pics, but trust me - 2 dogs sitting on top of a pile of mac salad and home fries, topped with mustard, onion and "hot sauce" (basically grease, water, grilled onions and ground beef) is the BOMB!!! Just ask anyone who has lived/gone to college here in Rochester. Then top it off with Ketchup and Tabasco and you have yourself a feast... 8)
"The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to return soup at a deli!"

GOSM
Weber Performer

Previous

Return to General Discussion