Copy
View this email in your browser

Super Bowl Sunday: Battle of the Jalapeno Poppers

The second biggest eating day of the year in America after Thanksgiving—Super Bowl Sunday—is almost upon us. And unless you’re one of the few sports fans who are shelling out over $5000 a ticket to watch the contest in Minneapolis, you’ll likely be viewing the game from the comfort of your own living room.

Whether you’re rooting for the New England Patriots or the Philadelphia Eagles, you’ll want plenty of finger food on hand to stave off the munchies. This year, we’re putting the focus on jalapeno poppers, one of the most popular Super Bowl foods ever.

We’re big fans of classic poppers—jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and grated cheddar, wrapped with a strip of bacon and grilled until the peppers are tender. But there are so many other possibilities. Our first priority was to visualize poppers that would represent the two teams. Click here for the recipes.

NEWS AND RECIPES FROM STEVEN

Peruvian-Style Spit Roasted Chicken with Green Sauce

Looking for an interesting and fun new chicken recipe? You must try this! See the full post on Instagram...

Steak and Bean Nachos

Steak and Bean Nachos—a great game-watching snack. What's YOUR go-to game-watching grub? See the recipe here...

TRENDING IN THE STORE

Barbecue Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades

Steven Raichlen's completely updated bestselling encyclopedia of barbecue sauces, rubs, marinades, glazes, mops, chutneys, and more. See More...

Cast Iron Griddle (Grilling Plancha)

Give foods a crusty, smoky sear while keeping them succulent on the inside with this Spanish-style cast iron grilling plancha. See More...

Make 2018 Your Best Year With 12 New BBQ Products

Did you know that one of the best barbecue stores on the planet resides quietly on my website, barbecuebible.com? It’s true. For several years, my staff and I have vetted the many hundreds of products that come our way and placed the worthy ones on our virtual shelves. You’ll find everything from the latest barbecue accessories (including grills and smokers) to hard-to-find provisions and specialty foods: the Alaskan spruce salt that’s incredible on beef; Vermont Maple Sriracha Hot Sauce; authentic bomba rice for grilled paella; and much, much more.

To celebrate the new year and its possibilities, I rounded up a dozen new items that will help you polish your grill game in 2018.

Can I get the door for you? You know that moment when you realize your hands are too full of food platters or grilling equipment to open the sliding glass door between the house and the patio? (Me, too.) Enter the Smart-Slider, an ingenious device that enables you to open the door with your foot. Unobtrusive, and incredibly handy. Wish I’d thought of it first.

Behold, the power of the kettle grill: The Slow ’N Sear turns your kettle grill into a smoker and a blistering hot sear machine—all in one. The patent-pending design provides a true 2-zone environment within your kettle. Its built-in water reservoir separates your charcoal and wood from the cooking zone. This creates both a thermal barrier that keeps temperatures stable across the entire cooking surface as well as a humidity source to help deliver the best texture to your food right from the start of the cook.

Fire, faster: The FiAir Point-and-Shoot Portable Blower is the first and only truly portable powered blower for wood and charcoal fires. No need to give up charcoal flavor for gas grill speed, FiAir brings coals to searing temperatures in just 8-12 minutes and brings greater control to charcoal grilling and smoking. Wood starts even faster: 2 minutes or less. Compact size and light weight make it easy to go wherever you need fire. Runs on three AAA batteries (not included).

Take smoking to the next level: Fill the canister of this device with wood chips, and the cleverly-named Smoke Daddy Magnum P-I-G will give you up to 5 hours of adjustable cold smoke. Use it to augment the smoke flavor in your favorite barbecued foods, or cold smoke salmon, trout, cheese, or other delicate proteins. The P-I-G can even be used in conjunction with home-built smokers.

Click here to see the 8 other products you need this year.

SIDE DISHES      |     GRILLS      |     PORK RECIPES
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Copyright © 2018 Workman Publishing Co., Inc., All rights reserved.
You are receiving this Newsletter because you subscribed to it on barbecuebible.com/

Our mailing address is:
Workman Publishing Co., Inc.
225 Varick Street, New York, NY, United States
New York, NY 10014

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences