Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Skillet (beer can) Chicken

Skillet (beer can) Chicken

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:28 pm
-Gramps- rare
rare

I decided to roast a 3.6 lb bird today. I am using my new cast iron beer can chicken roaster for the first time. I hope it turns out well along with the grilled sweet potatoes. I have a chip box on the indirect coals. The well of the skillet has Miller Chill in it. Onions, carrots and celerey in the bottom with Mesquite sesoning which is also on the bird.

It turned out great. I took it off the grill when the internal temp reached 180. It took about 3. 5 hours plus sitting under foil off the grill for about 45 minutes. The meat fell off the bone and you could cut the breast meat with a spoon. The taters where tender and smokey and even better with butter and cinnamon on them. A succsessful meal.
Last edited by -Gramps- on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CG Super PRO on the Deck
CG Table top "Smoker" in the Motorhome

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:45 pm
DropaStone medium-well
medium-well

That's the coolest thing I ever saw. I just did Google search on that roaster you can see hear http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0065986519088a.shtml Was that the first time you used that thing. Sure looks like it does a good job!
Smokem if you got'em
CG PRO W/SFB
MasterBuilt Gas Smoker

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:31 pm
-Gramps- rare
rare

It was the first time I used it. The veggies soaked up the chicken juices and they were really good.
It was my daughters birthday dinner. Along with the dishes already mentioned we had three bean salad (homemade of course) A good bottle of Chateau St Michelle Rose (sitting in an electric wine chiller). Dessert was fresh baked Cinebon cookies topped with cookies and cream ice cream and spritzed with chocolate syrup.

Our dog had roasted chicken giblets. I think he was happy as well.
CG Super PRO on the Deck

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:01 am
Northwoods Smoke well done
well done

-Gramps- wrote:
Along with the dishes already mentioned we had three bean salad (homemade of course) A good bottle of Chateau St Michelle Rose (sitting in an electric wine chiller). Dessert was fresh baked Cinebon cookies topped with cookies and cream ice cream and spritzed with chocolate syrup.

Sounds great, but I am having trouble seeing the pics! :D
Pro Excel 20
Weber One Touch Gold
Char Griller 3001 Grillin' Pro
Original, Lightning Fast, Back-in-Black, Thermapen

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:16 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Did the Miller Chill impart any hint of lime flavor to the chicken?

Brad

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:00 am
-Gramps- rare
rare

Brad_Olson wrote:
Did the Miller Chill impart any hint of lime flavor to the chicken?

Brad

I belive it did, to the breast meat the most, especially since I added a bit of extra juice from the skillet over the meat when serving.
CG Super PRO on the Deck

Return to General Discussion