Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion 3 grills... can't decide........

3 grills... can't decide........

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:23 pm
mrpig rare
rare

Posting for a friend of mine (hes trying to join but never gets the activation email). Looking for the best bang for the buck. He lives in a townhouse with a small deck 42" X 72" so size is defintely a consideration. found these 3. thoughts?

Ducane affinity 3100 grill – more grill for the money
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... R&v=glance

Weber Q320 – expensive but nice fit
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-586002-Port ... B000WOVZ26

Kenmore – Seems like a good grill - 4 burners with side burner - made by charbroil though
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... word=grill

thanks for the help!

Weber E-310
Primo Oval XL
Weber 22"
CG w/ SFB

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:36 pm
rogerja well done
well done

HOw about a gently used Weber off of Craigslist. Depending upon condition, it may not need any fixing-up. If it does, burners are only $50.

Bang-for-buck would lead me to the Ducane or Weber. Forget the Kenmore/Charbroil - it'll be dead inside of 3 years.

Don't sleep on the Weber - the 300 series is a good sized grill and can cook for 4-6 no problem.

Kenny 13 well done
well done

As far as opinions go on gas grills, I can't be much help as I just don't use them. I will say that you really can't go wrong with a Weber. Even if you do run into some problems down the line, their customer service alone is enough to give you peace of mind.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well, if it's any help, Ducane grills are now owned by Weber. That might carry a little weight.

Also - if your friend is having issues registering, he might have better luck using an alternate email address. Failing that, he can always email our site admin at Info@Workman.com too.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:32 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Are you set on those. You could get a new Weber Performer.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:36 pm
Triple Threat well done
well done

of those 3, the Weber Q would be the best fit for a small deck. The arms will fold in and save some space. Plus it has some portability to it that the others dont.

jsperk wrote:

Now you are talking my language!
Weber Performer
Weber Q200
Chargriller SmokinPro

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:52 pm
rogerja well done
well done

jsperk wrote:

I'm betting he's renting or the homeowners association says you can't have charcoal grills. But nothing beats a weber kettle.

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:10 pm
SCmustardman well done
well done

The Weber looks nice, but it does not have much cooking area. If I was going for a gasser in that price range, I'd get a Weber Spirit E-210. $399 is a little more to pay, but you get a 10 year warranty on the burners and replacement grates, flavorizer bars, etc. are easy to find.
I've never had a bad day barbequeing or fishing. I've just had some that were better than others.

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:28 pm
Northwoods Smoke well done
well done

mrpig wrote:
Posting for a friend of mine (hes trying to join but never gets the activation email).

I had this issue when trying to join the site as well. I sent an email to info@workman after a couple of days, no reply. I waited a few more days and no activation email had arrived. Upon virtually giving up, about a week and a half later, I tried to log in for grins and I was able to log in.

No big deal now because I am active, but the process was slow and a bit puzzling...
Pro Excel 20
Weber One Touch Gold
Char Griller 3001 Grillin' Pro
Original, Lightning Fast, Back-in-Black, Thermapen

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:15 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

according to consumer reports the life-span of the average gas grill in less tha n 3 years & falling. I bought my son a Q220 & its well built should last for years & grills great. It is bigger than you think. It may be the last gas grill they need & they can buy a charcoal grill as a 2nd grill later
New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:37 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Northwoods Smoke wrote:
mrpig wrote:
Posting for a friend of mine (hes trying to join but never gets the activation email).

I had this issue when trying to join the site as well. I sent an email to info@workman after a couple of days, no reply. I waited a few more days and no activation email had arrived. Upon virtually giving up, about a week and a half later, I tried to log in for grins and I was able to log in.

No big deal now because I am active, but the process was slow and a bit puzzling...

Sorry you had a problem getting registered.
Usually the reply e-mail is very quick is very quick in coming.

I'll bring this up with INFO.

Thanks for your patience!

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:29 pm
mrpig rare
rare

thanks for the help. i told him about the weber spirit series too. then he showed me the 09 price and I was surprised. 399 for a 2 burner?!?! thats a little steep. whyd they bump it up $100 this year? any improvements?

Weber E-310
Primo Oval XL
Weber 22"
CG w/ SFB

Return to General Discussion