Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've just checked the four PBS stations I get on satellite TV out here, and two of them have BBQ U listed as a regular program 4 times a week.

The bad news is that both BBQ U and Primal Grill both seem to be the first two shows that these stations pre-empt when they want to show some goofy infomercial. :evil:

As for copyright violation, I got a crash course in copyright law when my old band decided to cut a CD. Sharing DVDs of all episodes of the show would definitely be a technical violation of copyright law. But as many of you have mentioned, it also increases sales and good publicity, so this is still a grey area. I also know firsthand that CD sales plummeted when the RIAA clamped down on downloaded songs, as opposed to the early days of Napster when CD sales kept increasing annually.

I guess we just need to keep trying on this. If America's Test Kitchen can release every episode of a given season (coupled with a cookbook, no less!) for $22.95, we know that releasing entire seasons of BBQ U can work out well too.

(Says the guy who's currently watching the "Season 3 and a Half-ish" boxset of Ren & Stimpy right now.... :twisted:).
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:43 pm
BBQ'n Rebel medium
medium

Count me in also!!

I would love to buy and have the complete collection on DVD. Only getting to see the show once a week is just not enough.

I hope this is something that will happen!!!!
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber 22.5" OTG
Homemade Smoker

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:09 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

BBQ'n Rebel wrote:
Count me in also!!

I would love to buy and have the complete collection on DVD. Only getting to see the show once a week is just not enough.

I supposedly get BBQ U four times a week on two PBS stations, and twice a week on two others. So far, every show has been pre-empted by those annoying infomercials PBS seems determined to keep showing. The same goes for Primal Grill - I haven't been able to find an episode in over 3 weeks.

I'm just about to plunk down $200 on the complete X-Files series, and I'm going to hopefully order the new BBQ Bible and Primal Grill DVD set in the next two weeks as well. If the entire BBQ U series was on DVD, I'd be likely to buy it too. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:32 pm
BBQ'n Rebel medium
medium

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
BBQ'n Rebel wrote:
Count me in also!!

I supposedly get BBQ U four times a week on two PBS stations, and twice a week on two others.

:evil: :lol: Man i'm jealous now!! My local PBS stations do not show BBQ U at all. Since Primal Grill came on this season that is all they show, which is fine, but I really enjoyed BBQ U!!

Not sure exactly how many times it is shown during the week (I want to say twice) but I only get to see one.

I definitely need to buy some of his DVDs....don't have any yet but hope to have the Primal Grill and Best of BBQ U DVDs soon.
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber 22.5" OTG
Homemade Smoker

Post Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:05 am
halter91 medium
medium

count me in as well, I can't even find the show on any channel anymore. Very depressing!!

Post Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:33 pm
Kenny 13 well done
well done

halter91 wrote:
count me in as well, I can't even find the show on any channel anymore. Very depressing!!

It doesn't come on in my area anymore either, but on the flipside, the channel that was showing it just started showing Primal Grill.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:22 pm
Burnt Knuckle Hair medium-rare
medium-rare

I'm down with this!

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:27 am
smoke-stack medium
medium

I am in as well!

Do you guys know if there is a lot of Steven’s work on You Tube? I poked around for a few minutes last night, and found a few videos (mostly doing beer can chicken) but I thought I would have found more? I was looking to see him prep the grill and build the fire/smoke on something like the CG w/SFB, maybe doing some ribs or a brisket…

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:51 am
bigdad1213 medium
medium

count me in i would buy 3 sets right now if i could find them
the best thing about grilling and smoking is the eating

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:40 pm
Northwoods Smoke well done
well done

Now that this thread is almost 4 years old and 10 pages long, is there any resolution or update?

Entire episode DVD's should be available standard IMHO.

If not physical DVD's, I would settle for a downloadable version to eliminate the 'How may DVD's do we press' situation.

I have worn out my 'Best of' Barbecue University DVD.

Anyone 'in the know' please reply with some type of update (good, bad or indifferent).

Thank you.
Last edited by Northwoods Smoke on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro Excel 20
Weber One Touch Gold
Char Griller 3001 Grillin' Pro
Original, Lightning Fast, Back-in-Black, Thermapen

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:45 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Northwoods Smoke! :D

Northwoods Smoke wrote:
Now that this thread is almost 4 years old and 10 pages long, is there any resolution or update?
This is something I would LOVE to see come about. But alas, I have heard nothing... :(

I recorded some of the shows from an air antanna but since I'm a ways out in the country, reception is not all that good.

I have the "Best Of" DVD from seasons 1 - 3, and the DVD with the first 7 episodes from season 1 of Primal Grill. I would love the rest of the episodes to join my library.

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:03 pm
Northwoods Smoke well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:
Welcome to the board Northwoods Smoke! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Obvsiously it may be a complicated issue since it hasn't been resolved yet, but it would be interesting to know what the hold up is...

I know he is a busy guy, but does Steven ever grace ther forums?
Pro Excel 20
Weber One Touch Gold
Char Griller 3001 Grillin' Pro
Original, Lightning Fast, Back-in-Black, Thermapen

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry, folks - I haven't heard anything yet.

However, I've resolved another issue. I picked up a digital video recorder on the cheap and I've been trying to record the show. Unfortunately the 4 PBS stations I receive are still not showing either BBQ U or Primal Grill so while the DVR records other shows I watch faithfully, I still can't get any of Steven's shows yet.

So, I broke down and bought the Primal Grill DVD + 10th Anniversary special on the Primal Grill site. It should arrive in a week or two provided nothing nasty happens like being stopped at the border by Customs.

It's a start, at least..... :D

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:17 pm
PTL4BBQ medium
medium

NETFLIX!
I only use gas to start my charcoal chimney...

Post Thu May 07, 2009 4:59 pm
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but I'd really like to see if we could pool our resources and create a 'homebrew' compilation until the seasons are officially released. I have no problem being the point man on this (ripping to digital etc) if people want to pm me. If the mods feel, due to copyright issues, this is a bad idea, feel free to censure me. :D

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion