Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Rotuno's Texas Style Barbeque just opened recently in Elyria

Rotuno's Texas Style Barbeque just opened recently in Elyria

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Angio333 rare
rare

Rotuno's Texas Style Barbeque just opened recently in Elyria, Ohio. My wife and I ate there the other night. The prices were amazing and the place smelled great.

We split a small sampler. We got to try their brisket, pulled pork, smoked turkey, texas toast, and two sides.

I loved it. It is mostly a carry out, but has a few tables. The owner is very nice and wanted feedback on the food. The pulled turkey was amazing...the best I ever had. In addition to being smoked with apple wood, it was marinated in a honey broth for 48 hours. Their baked beans are to die for. All of the other food was good as well, but their turkey was the best. I did not try their ribs yet.

I also loved the house sauce (Big Al's House Sauce).

I am going back on Monday or Tuesday to try their smoked wings with their blueberry bbq sauce.
- C

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:24 pm
Angio333 rare
rare

The smoked wings were beyond amazing. The blueberry BBQ was also very good.
- C

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:34 am

Angio333 wrote:
The blueberry BBQ was also very good.

Okay now, you are going to have to explain about the "blueberry BBQ".

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:41 pm
Angio333 rare
rare

I was an amazing sauce. I can't really explain it. It was light brown in color and was right in the middle of being thick and runny. It was a sweet sauce with a little tang. It had just a hint of blueberry....simplely amazing.
- C

Return to Best BBQ Joint