Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Lebanon, Indiana

Lebanon, Indiana

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:04 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I have a stopover in Lebanon, Indiana in a couple of weeks and am wondering if there are any barbecue places there. I'll have been on the road for 5-1/2 to 6 hours by that point so something local would be ideal...the hotel restaurant might have ribs on the menu but I would be suspicious of the cooking method.

And if there's no barbecue it's not the end of the world...I'll just eat White Castles until they're coming out of my ears! :shock:

Brad

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:13 pm
outagas well done
well done

Brad,

Lebanon is just outside of Indy. What do you think Tony Hunter would do if you showed up at his place for dinner?

Jim
"El método del Su Excelencia, el Rey Minion"

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:19 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Shoot first and ask questions later? :lol:

Brad

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:39 pm
copkid well done
well done

Brad,
I don't know of a place in Lebanon, outside of asking some locals when you get there. There is a Squealers Barbecue on West 86th st. in Indy, that would only be 15 minutes from Lebanon. They have some pretty authentic stuff. The address is 5515 W. 86th St, Indpls,
The best BBQ and Ribs in Indy area, are unfortunately going to be in parts of town that one shouldn't venture into if you don't know the area!

There is a Chocolate place in Lebanon that is quite famous called Donaldsons Finer Chocolates, if you have a way to keep them cool on the drive! The wife would love it!

HTH's!
Laura

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:06 pm
Giraffeman medium
medium

Might try Parky's Smokehouse. It seems to be pretty good I think.

http://www.parkyssmokehouse.com/Parkys_Home.html

Jason

Return to Best BBQ Joint