Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Believe it or not....

Believe it or not....

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:29 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

.... I finally smoked some pork tenderloins. :shock: :lol:

And they were goooooood. My oldest son announced that this is his new favorite meat. 8) And he even liked the lettuce too. We had a wonderful grilled meal. I mentioned in YB's thread that I could have used a 26" grill as everything was grilled last night. I had to grill in "rounds" like usual so a few things were only slightly warm when served.

Image Image

Image Image

The Mojo tenderloins were cooked to perfection and since they marinated for two days, had flavor through and through. Even the onions marinated and were fantastic. I'm not really tooting my own horn as much as Steven's because this was his recipe from How to Grill.

Now don't tell ANYONE that I said this.... but I have to tell on my boy. I was sitting at the table after eating and he was in the kitchen, when I heard him say, "Should I do it?"
Then, "I'm going to do it!"
Then..... SLUUUURRPPPP
"What was THAT?", I said.
My son replied, "I just sucked the juices off the cutting board."
Apparently he enjoyed it to the last drop. :lol:

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:37 am
stlouBBQ well done
well done

Nice job Bob! I have never heard of cutting board slurping. :lol: That is great.
"How many grills do you NEED?!"

Some people just don't understand

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:54 am
tex_toby well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:
Now don't tell ANYONE that I said this.... but I have to tell on my boy. I was sitting at the table after eating and he was in the kitchen, when I heard him say, "Should I do it?"
Then, "I'm going to do it!"
Then..... SLUUUURRPPPP
"What was THAT?", I said.
My son replied, "I just sucked the juices off the cutting board."
Apparently he enjoyed it to the last drop. :lol:

:shock: Now THAT is a compliment! :lol:

Everything looks wonderful, Bob. Now take that young grasshopper under your wing and teach him everything you know! :D

tex 8)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:56 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Bob, that's a great looking plate! That's something I haven't tried either, but I'll definitely have to add it to the list.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:58 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

tex_toby wrote:
Now take that young grasshopper under your wing and teach him everything you know!

He's shown some interest in the cullinary arts. I'll certainly teach him everything I know if he wants. 8)

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:51 pm
FrankC well done
well done

Bob,

That meal looks great! Where are you getting fresh corn at this time of the year??

As for your boy helping out, DO IT! My little guy is 5, and is now at the point where every Friday night we have this conversation:

Daddy, what are we grilling for dinners this weekend??
Then I tell him....
Daddy, do we need to go the store now to get everything, or did you ask Mommy to do that??

As the weekend progresses, he's into helping get the grills ready, helping out seasoning and mixing...he's just starting to help out with a small knife on garlic and such. I'm really enjoying having a little helper!

I hope you get to, as well!

fc
Large Big Green Egg
Medium Big Green Egg

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:54 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

FrankC wrote:
Where are you getting fresh corn at this time of the year??
Out of the deep freezer. :lol:

My little tike is almost 19.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:13 pm
FrankC well done
well done

DOH! 19!! Sorry, I got started a little later in life...my first was born when I was 40 :oops:

fc
Large Big Green Egg
Medium Big Green Egg

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:36 pm
Triple Threat well done
well done

Looks great! Pork tenderloins are w/o a doubt my favorite meat to cook and probably favorite to eat. It's so versatile, tender, and oh so tasty.

Both my 3yo and 1yo cant stop eating it. I hope you drizzled some cutting board juice back over the meat before your boy slurped it all up!
Weber Performer
Weber Q200
Chargriller SmokinPro

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:49 pm
BubbaQue well done
well done

Did you smoke or grill the tenderloins? Pork tenderloins have become my favorite to grill. They take marinade and seasoning so well and they are always tender. Our local Sam's pack two double pack together so I have one to cook, one to freeze. I also love Mojo, but I also love rosemary and garlic with olive oil. I recently tried a grilled mexican corn recipe from Tyler Florence that was outstanding. You mix mayo, sour cream, cilantro, parmesan cheese, and lime juice together amd after you grill the corn you paint it on the warm corn. It is a good three napkin recipe.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:54 pm
PsyDanny medium-rare
medium-rare

Bob-BQN wrote:
I'm not really tooting my own horn as much as Steven's because this was his recipe from How to Grill.

:

Toot away. It's alright.

Anyone on this board KNOWS that it takes a true artist to even re-create someone else's creation.

Steven doesn't do recipes. He makes art to be shared with other artists. And please note, everyone else here is tooting your horn. So you should too!!!!
Some memories are made to be eaten!

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:21 pm
smokeybeaver well done
well done

Wow Bob, everything looks yummy. I don't care where you got the recipes, you made a great looking meal.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:28 pm
squashed possum well done
well done

that is my favorite recipe from HTG. :D
Weber 22.5" Green One-Touch Gold
Weber Smokey Mountain
Weber 2002 Silver C Propane

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:54 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BubbaQue they were direct grilled over a medium-hot fire. I didn't time it but I believe it took a little longer than 4 minutes per side (x4).

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:09 pm
Michigan Fats well done
well done

FrankC wrote:
DOH! 19!! Sorry, I got started a little later in life...my first was born when I was 40 :oops:

fc

LOL...Well Frank, my daughter is the same way as your son. She is 4 and gets a kick of sprinkling the rub on the meat whenever I am prepping.
Al

Next

Return to General Discussion