Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Tulsa, Oklahoma

Tulsa, Oklahoma

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:22 am
bugahabuc medium
medium

I recently moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma from Omaha, Nebraska.

Still looking for a good BBQ place.
Everyone down here is crazy for a place called Rib Crib.
Not impressed.
Smokey Bones is better, but so far I've really liked a place Called Big Daddy's BBQ. They have a crazy potato they laden down with a bunch of meat and is a meal unto itself.

Maybey this is a Tulsa thing, but I'm continually shaking my head regarding a local favorite...BBQ Bologna. It's bologna. "But it's SMOKED" they say. It's still bologna, just don't get it.

In Omaha, the best place by far is a mom and pop place called Big Horn BBQ.
It's out of a place that used to be a 7-11.

Ok, that's it for my first post.
Now I'm off to puruse the Threads to find out how to smoke a Turkey.
Just bought a smoker and am excited to delve into this wonderful world.

-peace

Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:38 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board bugahabuc! :D

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:59 am

Just south of Tulsa is a community called Jenks. This is the home of the "Perryman Wrangler Ranch". This place looks like a barn and is a bit off of the beaten path, but it is worth the stop. Beef brisket, beef ribs, pork ribs, etc., all smothered in thick rich BBQ sauce. Really good.

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:29 am

that crib place awwwwwwwwwwful

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:26 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board glock73110! :D

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:32 pm
bugahabuc medium
medium

Another_Q_Lover wrote:
Just south of Tulsa is a community called Jenks. This is the home of the "Perryman Wrangler Ranch". This place looks like a barn and is a bit off of the beaten path, but it is worth the stop. Beef brisket, beef ribs, pork ribs, etc., all smothered in thick rich BBQ sauce. Really good.

Ooooh, I'm going to have to try that!
Thanks "Q"

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:31 pm

Perryman Wrangler Ranch". I'm gonna have to try it next time I'm up that way

Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:22 pm
bugahabuc medium
medium

Not sure if this is classified as advertising or if it breaks rules, so please forgive me Bob if I'm violating anything.

Found more information regarding Perryman Wrangler Ranch that "Q" told me about.

Haven't tried it yet, but plan to.

Perryman Wrangler Ranch
11524 S. Elwood Ave.
Jenks
(918) 299-2997

Visit the Old West, partner, at the Perryman Ranch. This ranch is a portion of the original homestead established by the Perryman family in 1896. Two hundred acres remain of the original 250,000 acres operated by this frontier family. Visitors can eat cowboy fare around a campfire, enjoy a hayride, and watch Native American dancers perform. Occasionally, the Wild, Wild West comes alive in staged outlaw shootouts.

Reservations required. Admission fee.

Post Sun May 06, 2007 8:10 am
Mikoman raw
raw

Go to Mac's in Skiatook (north of Tulsa). The chopped brisket and ribs are pretty good. Every once in awahile, both tend to be a bit greasy, but that's a chance you have to take.

As far a the Rib Crib goes, I used to frequent the original when it was a 1 store chain. It was the best in Tulsa. I've been to several McRib Cribs now that it's got a zillion locations in the area, and it stinks (including the original joint). Hey, at least they're making a pile of money.

Post Sun May 06, 2007 10:51 am
TX Sandman well done
well done

Welcome aboard, Mikoman!

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Mon May 07, 2007 9:48 am
stlouBBQ well done
well done

Billy Sims has a couple BBQ joints in and around Tulsa. I have no idea if it is any good.

http://billysimsbbq.com/index.php
"How many grills do you NEED?!"

Some people just don't understand

Post Mon May 14, 2007 9:18 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Mikoman! :D

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:32 pm
bugahabuc medium
medium

stlouBBQ wrote:
Billy Sims has a couple BBQ joints in and around Tulsa. I have no idea if it is any good.

http://billysimsbbq.com/index.php

My wife and I actually had an opportunity for a lunch date today!!!
Hey, we have six kids 9 and under. A date of any kind is a rare occasion for celebration.
We went to a close by Billy Simms BBQ today.
I had the chopped brisket sandwich. and my wife had a brisket salad.
Wow, we were quite impressed.
As a Nebraska alumn I feel quite dirty eating at a place named after an OU Sooner Heisman winner that bills its self not as BBQ, Boomer Q. , but it's one of those dirty feelings you look forward to doing again. :twisted:
Seriously, respectably tasty....

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:31 am
stlouBBQ well done
well done

I think Billy Sims barbecue did fairly well at the Royal this year. I looked at the results a week or so ago, and if memory serves, they placed well in a few categories.
"How many grills do you NEED?!"

Some people just don't understand

Post Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:57 am
Michigan Fats well done
well done

I went to the rib crib in Springfield, MO on a business trip and was totally not impressed as well. They ribs were dry.

I used to live in Tulsa but way back before I even knew what barbeque was, sorry I couldn't help.
Al

Next

Return to Best BBQ Joint