Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Texas Roadhouse - believe it or not!

Texas Roadhouse - believe it or not!

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:32 am
lizaanne rare
rare

While not stellar for other menu items, their ribs are just out of this world!! Totally fall off the bone, juicy, and not over sauced or over cooked. And, extremely important to me, they are consistent.

And they have a really nice house side salad too.

My only gripe is that the place always feels a bit less than clean to me. :? Other than that, it is our favorite place to go for ribs.

~Liza

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:51 pm
HND medium-well
medium-well

they roast their ribs in an oven. they sit on a rack over a roasting pan . inside the pan is about 2 cups of water and a bit of liquid smoke. then they are cooked for about 6 hours.

not bbq obviously but if i was deprived of smoking foods and had to do it another way that would be the way i'd do it...

that being said, i've had Texas roadhouse ribs once and they were ok.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:21 pm
nicneufeld well done
well done

I've had these sort of ribs before...Chilis does them, not honest-to-goodness BBQ, but I will admit I enjoyed the ones I ate. A bit of an injustice to good pork loin back ribs, but they were quite tasty in their own way. I know Steven R. gripes about ribs cooked until they literally fall off the bone (he likes a bit of "chew" to the meat) but I had a gift certificate to Chilis once and gave their ribs a thorough trial, and they were good. Just not that rich, smoky, true BBQ flavor.

Kind of like how you sometimes crave a fast food burger...you could grill a great gourmet burger with fresh toppings and great flavor, but sometimes you just want the cheap, paper wrapped, fast food burger.
22" Weber Kettle One-Touch Gold w/ Smokenator
2009 18.5" WSM
Pro Q Cold Smoke Generator

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:56 pm

To me it doesn't matter THAT much as to how the food is prepared; rather the end result - how it tastes.

I prefer 'fall-off-the-bone' to ribs that are too chewy.

I too, like Texas Roadhouse ribs!!!

Return to Best BBQ Joint