Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smoked Salmon Quesadillas- With Pics

Smoked Salmon Quesadillas- With Pics

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 21, 2008 9:45 am
QJuju well done
well done

I did a smoked Salmon fillet, about 3 1/2 pounds, on Sunday. I used CanadaBBQGuy (Sp) brine recipe and took some liberties with a baste-- thats in the other post if you want to read it. His recipe is very tasty and we had a great smoked salmon dinner. Now... there were leftovers with just 2 of us eating so what to do. I have a small piece that I vac'd and froze to make salmon and cream cheese spread this weekend and I had 2 more nice pieces, but I didn't want the same dinner again. What to do... Quesadillas! Here is the process.

First... get some leftover smoked salmon

Then flake it up...

While the skillet is heating up... smear a little herb cheese on a tortilla

Then add the flaked salmon...

Spread some shredded jack on top and fold over...

Grill until nicely brown and the cheese melts...

Serve with whatever garnishes you like... we choose Avocado and Sour Cream.

The missus made a delicious Streusel Bundt cake as well

It was all very tasty and pretty easy too. Especially after work... who wants to spend hours making some dinner? Tomatoes would have been good, but the ones here are sort of like super balls at the moment. Give it a try!!

Post Wed May 21, 2008 6:00 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Oh wow - I'd never thought of using smoked salmon in a quesadilla. Those really look fantastic. Great work, QJuju! :D

I'll have to get another salmon or steelhead trout filet and try this!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue May 27, 2008 9:36 am
Ericd medium-well
medium-well

Thanks again Qjuju....I smoked up 3lbs of salmon Saturday morning (using the cardog recipe)....Sunday at sunset, using your recipe, we were having the quesadillas on the beach and everyone was going crazy for them. I made an avocado salsa to go with them, but they were delicious on their own.

This is going to be a new summer time favorite. Oh, and smoked salmon on a cream cheesed bagel isn't so bad, either. :)

Ericd

Post Tue May 27, 2008 2:10 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Ericd wrote:
This is going to be a new summer time favorite. Oh, and smoked salmon on a cream cheesed bagel isn't so bad, either. :)

Ericd

In Episode 101 of The Primal Grill, Steven served his smoked salmon on a bagel with sour cream, capers and red onion (the recipe on the website also adds chives, chopped hard-boiled egg, and sliced tomatoes as accompaniments, too).

So yeah, smoked salmon on a cream cheesed bagel isn't bad at all. That's my favorite way of eating it, in fact. At least until I try these quesadillas..... :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed May 28, 2008 10:00 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

So which was the dessert? :wink:

I think that I'd choose the salmon over the cake. :D It looks fantastic! 8)

I've done smoked salmon and cream cheese spread, and the first time I tried it I thought that it sounded less than tasty. :? I was WRONG! :wink:

Nice job QJuju! :D

Return to General Discussion