Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion stuffed cabbage grilled

stuffed cabbage grilled

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:32 am
bluedevil raw
raw

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE RECIPE FOR GRILLED STUFF CABBAGE.I SEEN THE CABBAGE BEING GRILLED ON STEVEN'S TV SHOW BUT DID NOT GET THE RECIPE.

Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:01 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Well you will have to do what the rest of us had to do..... Buy the cookbook it is in the How to Grill cookbook

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:23 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

bluedevil, I agree with dkirn, you really should get the book. It's great. I have the books; "How to Grill", "Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades", "BBQ USA", "The Barbecue Bible", and "Beer Can Chicken" by Steve, and a half-dozen more written by others.

I don't know if there is a "board rule" against posting recipes that Steve has made public, since it's been weeks without an answer. You may be interested in these links:

http://homecooking.about.com/library/ar ... pork40.htm

http://www.central-market.com/recipe/ar ... bbage.html

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... HUNXKLHS4J

Buy the book! "How to Grill" its fantastic!

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:16 pm
dkirn well done
well done

We all have become hooked with not only grilling, but with the tricks and tips that Steven offers in his TV shows and the many books that he has written. I think that the least that we can do is support him and all his efforts and make any newbies pay their respects to the master and purchase one of his books. He has not only supported his readers with newsletters and other info on this site but he also hosts this great forum so that all of us grilling nutcases can pass info to each other.

With all that said I do not think that there is a board rule not to post "his" recipes but I feel there should be since they are not "your" recipes. Each one of us posts our recipes - not others that have created them!

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:34 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

I have to agree with the others on this post. I support what Steven is accomplishing through this site, programming, and books.

Steven's "How To Grill" book has the Barbeque Cabbage information starting on pg.357. The book is well worth the investment, with step-by-step directions, and pictures. Good luck.

Pete

Post Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:54 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I think that newbies should be required to enter a "secret code" that is found in Steven's books before they can join the forum. Just kidding - I just felt the desire to make my point one more time that we should support the person who is responsible for all of this!

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:43 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Just to play devils advocate:
I come here to help people share the passion that I have. Not to sell books. It just so happens that Steve's books are in my opinion the best around and I'll promote them till the end. Yes everyone should buy them. But if someone asks for help I'm not opposed to giving it to them, it may entice them into buying the books as a result. I don't think that we're taking money out of Steve's pocket by sharing recipies that he himself has hared on his TV show. I'm not advocating reprinting the whole books, that would be wrong. But when the man himself shares some on his websites and others on a national TV show, I have no problem helping people with those particular recipies.

Just my 2 cents.

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:58 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Grand Scale,

Thank you, that's how I feel exactly. I have several of his books and highly recommend them. I love what Steve is doing. And we are here to help each other.

Make that '4 cents' worth.

Bob-BQN

Return to General Discussion