Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint famous daves

famous daves

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed May 14, 2008 9:14 am
Giraffeman medium
medium

we were in FL for our honeymoon a few months ago and stopped at one. We loved the sauce (devil's spit) and the food was very good. I love their cornbread too. We have one here in Indy and another one is opening across the street from my house. Does anyone else like famous dave's too?

Jason

Post Wed May 14, 2008 12:15 pm
rdub medium
medium

I'm also a fan. They had one in Tulsa and I loved that the first time you visit, they give you a bottle of their sauce. I also like having all the sauces on the table to sample. I'm not ashamed to admit that a buddy of mine, on more than occassion, would order the samler platter of meats and sides that supposedly feeds 4 and we would devor it by ourselves.

Post Wed May 14, 2008 1:13 pm
Giraffeman medium
medium

I also really liked the rich and sassy sauce. I have had the catfish twice and the BBQ chicken once. We went there after Indy 500 qualifying last weekend. A friend I had with me had a whole rack of ribs. Actually at the whole thing. Their cornbread is very good too.

Jason

Post Wed May 14, 2008 1:50 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

We went to one in K.C.MO a while back and had a pretty good time. We ordered the combo meal on a trash can lid. My review is posted in this forum.

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/view ... hp?p=90755
Last edited by Bob-BQN on Thu May 29, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu May 29, 2008 1:54 pm
MNPorkmaster medium
medium

I always get the catfish with ribs. YUMMY!!!!
Char Griller Outlaw SFB
Brinkmann Smoke`N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe
Twin Chamber charcoal grill
Brinkmann charcoal grill

Post Thu May 29, 2008 2:04 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I went to K.C. MO last week and ate at a new Famous Dave's in the heart of downtown K.C.

They are located across the street from Danny Edward's BBQ that is now closed for business :( Danny Edward's is featured in Steven's BBQ USA and they kept a copy of it behind the counter. I was very disappointed to see the building shut down.

Dave's was out of brisket due to a dispute with their supplier. We still have a pleasant meal and a very friendly & outgoing waitress. :D

Post Sat May 31, 2008 1:30 am
Andy medium
medium

I've long been a fan of the Famous Daves in Madison, WI. I love their ribs by themselves, or with the Texas Pit sauce. Others have said some FD's are inconsistant, but I've never had a bad meal there.
Andy

Weber Genesis 1000
Weber 22.5" One-Touch Silver
Weber 18.5" One-Touch Silver
Weber 14.5" Smoky Joe

Post Sat May 31, 2008 2:42 am
Michigan Fats well done
well done

In Michigan, good BBQ is often hard to come by. Famous Daves is all right with me.
Al

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:28 pm
Beergut rare
rare

Went today with the family...daughters and my birthday...bbq ribs...luv the devils spit wings..wife luvs the BBQ burger...it's always good!
The devil spit burger is great also

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:58 pm
WPCatfish well done
well done

MNPorkmaster wrote:

Catfish prefers the ribs or the brisket.

Good amount of food for a meal on the road, but I just bypassed one the other day while travelling...it's hard to buy BBQ when you can make it at home!
I have fire!

Last grills:

Pork Chops
Chargriller Fried Chicken
Roast Chicken
Grilled Pineapple
Cheese Dogs

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:52 am
nicneufeld well done
well done

I've not really considered Famous Dave's before...just from the marketing I assumed it was more of a chain sort of place, like a BBQ themed applebees...I guess I'm wrong!

WPCatfish wrote:
it's hard to buy BBQ when you can make it at home!

Agree wholeheartedly. Although with brisket prices being what they are around here its sometimes not much of a price difference! :shock:
22" Weber Kettle One-Touch Gold w/ Smokenator
2009 18.5" WSM
Pro Q Cold Smoke Generator

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:39 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

FD's is definitely a chain but not to me it's not as "gimmicky" as Applebees and the like. It seems like FD's keeps its menu fairly consistent and not overly large.

Brad

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:18 pm
jfpick56 raw
raw

Agreed - I was afraid Famous Dave's would be to BBQ what Olive Garden is to Italian; but was pleasantly surprised. Good BBQ is scarce to almost non-existent in southern NJ (except my backyard, of course).

nicneufeld wrote:
I've not really considered Famous Dave's before...just from the marketing I assumed it was more of a chain sort of place, like a BBQ themed applebees...I guess I'm wrong!

WPCatfish wrote:
it's hard to buy BBQ when you can make it at home!

Agree wholeheartedly. Although with brisket prices being what they are around here its sometimes not much of a price difference! :shock:

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:54 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board jfpick56! :D

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:07 pm

MNPorkmaster wrote:

I've never eaten catfish ribs before! I just never thought that they had that much meat on them! :lol:

Sorry about that, but someone had to say it!!! :P

Next

Return to Best BBQ Joint