Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:03 pm
nicneufeld well done
well done

Me too! Something in my nature would prevent me from buying only partial seasons or "best of" dvds. There's something about having the entire season as reference.

And it would be my luck that all my favorite episodes wouldn't be on the best of DVD!

So please, add another supplicant to the list!
22" Weber Kettle One-Touch Gold w/ Smokenator
2009 18.5" WSM
Pro Q Cold Smoke Generator

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:09 pm
BigJohnT rare
rare

I'm a little late to the dance but I would love to get seasons 1-4 on DVD after seeing the Best Of DVD.

It's a shame I can get Rob Rainford but not Steven. Not to disparage Robby

BigJohnT

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:09 pm
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

I would also buy every disc available. In fact, I rarely watch TV, I just watch shows on DVD....then I can watch a couple in a row if I want to. :) BTW, I'm looking forward to the new show "Primal Grill"....I'm hoping the local PBS affilliate is going to pick it up and show it.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:40 pm

Yep, I'm in. With all the junk they have released on dvd, it would be nice to have something like BBQU that we could use over and over. Come on, Steven, get them to release it already.
Jenn-Air gas
Weber One Touch Gold
Char-Griller SP w/ SFB
Char-Broil gas
Aussie style charcoal
BBQ Grillware SS portable

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:22 am
chrish well done
well done

Steven wrote:
Wow! I'm awed by how many of your wrote to ask for DVDs of the whole series.
The first 3 hour "Greatest Hits" DVD is ready now and available on the Barbecue Store. I will certainly look into putting more of the shows on DVD.
Thanks for your enthusiasm!
SR

havent been around alot but it seems that your shows are early morning on PBS chaneel 11 here in IOWA and ive only seen a small part of one show when i took my car into the shop and i was watching it in there waiting room, untill this kid turned it over to cartoons and was about to put my foot up his tailpipe when i noticed his mother sitting there :lol:

but anyway ill look to see what you have for sale but count me in for full season DVD's or "Best of all the seasons" DVD.

best regards
chris
My photobucket Q-view album, 167 pic's

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z315 ... 83/Q-view/

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:20 pm
Michigan Fats well done
well done

Count me in...
Al

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:43 pm
stickman medium
medium

Awesome. I don't know what the BBQ U record is for longest running non-sticky thread, but this one has been going for almost 3 years. It looks like we are all ready for some full season DVDs please.

As a BBQ U alum (Class of May 05 - the session where there were enough Virginians to have a football team, Mike from Johnsonville brats cooked sausage & cracker s'mores, and I was the first to ever get Mrs. R's signature in a BBQ book), and on behalf of everybody here, I'd like to ask the Prof. to please, please, please, release all the full seasons on DVD.

Maybe the box set could be ready by early December for some serious end of year gift giving? I guarantee Mrs. Stickman will buy a set for me and it looks like there are a lot of other interested folks here too. Start the presses please!

Stickman

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:00 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well now it's a sticky. For a while, at least.

I couldn't agree more with the posts here.

If Alton can have season DVD's and America's Test Kitchen
can include DVD's free with the purchase of that
season's cookbook, why can't an arrangement be made between
the producer and the publisher of BBQU to release DVD's of each season??
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:01 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

And don't forget Blu-Ray!!! :D :D :D

Now THAT would bring Steven right into your own livingroom. 8) 8) 8)

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:50 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

I'm all for it too. The only time we get BBQ-U here in New Orleans is 2:30 on Saturday afternoons. I'm rarely home then. I get to see it probably once a month.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:50 pm
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

Kenny 13 wrote:
I'm all for it too. The only time we get BBQ-U here in New Orleans is 2:30 on Saturday afternoons. I'm rarely home then. I get to see it probably once a month.

At least it's on where you live...I have no way of watching it all...I'm having withdrawls...I'm just hoping I can get the local PBS affliliate to carry it again and hope they carry Steven's new show, Primal Grill..

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:08 pm
MN_BBQer medium
medium

I'll buy one..!
Let's have a few and talk BBQ!
CG PRO SFB

Post Tue May 06, 2008 6:31 pm
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

I just wish they showed the show on my local PBS affiliate because I would easily be able to put it onto DVD via my media center pc. Even in high definition. Too bad they don't currently show it in Idaho. :(

Post Fri May 09, 2008 9:46 pm
SmokinIt medium-rare
medium-rare

Add me to the list of "wanting one" also. I've caught as many of the BBQ U eps. I could but a dvd of each season would indeed be awesome reference material to be sure. They'd prolly get me kicked out of the house, I'd be checking them out all the time.

:D :D :D :D :D

Post Fri May 16, 2008 11:28 am

Count me in as well. Now that I have found it on PBS I love it. The fact that I have DVR helps too. I don't miss a show now. Thank you technology.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion