Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint New St. Louis restaurant

New St. Louis restaurant

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:29 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I read a positive review about Pappy's Smokehouse and thought those in the St. Louis area might like to know about it. Haven't been there myself, though...

Brad

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:33 am
Triple Threat well done
well done

We'll be visiting the in-laws over Easter weekend. I dont think this is far from them at all. The hard part is getting everyone out for a meal, the MIL likes to cook.
Weber Performer
Weber Q200
Chargriller SmokinPro

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:36 am
stlgreg rare
rare

Triple Threat wrote:
We'll be visiting the in-laws over Easter weekend. I dont think this is far from them at all. The hard part is getting everyone out for a meal, the MIL likes to cook.

Been there more times than I can to count (ok 14) and they have only been open for 9 weeks.

it is real good.
Problem is they dont save food from one day to the next.
Once they run out of something they are out for the day!
Last week Mike told me he has a line starting BEFORE they open now.

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:15 am
Blazer well done
well done

Sounds like this place is really smokin'. I'll keep this one on the radar.

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Word on the street is that Dr. Raichlen was in there a few days ago. What do you think, Steven?

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:04 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I think that it is VERY likely since he was in town at the time.

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:07 pm
Jiggs rare
rare

My wife and I just got back from St. Louis tonight. We drove over to STL on Wednesday night and had a great time. It was more of a business trip for my wife, but me and our 14 month old daughter made the trip with her.

After reading about Pappy's on here, I told my wife we had to check it out so we stopped in Friday afternoon for lunch.

We were greeted by Mike (the owner) who was very friendly and seemed very appreciative that we stopped in.

I ordered a half slab of ribs with beans and fried corn on the cob. My wife ordered the pulled pork platter with potato salad and fried corn on the cob.

We were both very happy! My ribs were excellent, served naked with three sauces on the table to choose from. Their rub was very tasty with some salt, pepper, garlic, sugar being detectable. I know there was some other things on them too. Their Sweet Baby Jane sauce was very good too. Actually, all their sauces were good, but i really liked the SBJ sauce.

I tried my wife's pulled pork and it was also excellent.

They also bottle and sell their sauces at the restaurant so I bought a bottle of the Sweet Baby Jane sauce.

We will make this a must stop everytime we pass through St. Louis from now on, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Return to Best BBQ Joint