Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rotisserie Turkey Breast

Rotisserie Turkey Breast

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:12 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

I've cooked whole turkeys, but never a turkey breast. Why not try one of those chicken recipes? I usually find whatever works for chicken works for turkey too, and vice versa.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:02 am
John A well done
well done

Here ya go, treat it like an oven. Bring it to 165º - 170º internal temp.

http://www.butterball.com/en/main_canva ... ep&s1=plan
John

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:53 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

The ONE thing that bugs me about the rotiss is not being able to use the wireless thermometer.

No brainer otherwise. Don't use to much sugar in the rub and foul the wings if they're on there.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:57 pm
Ericd medium-well
medium-well

Hey Triplem,

How did your turkey come out on the rotisserie?

I've been wanting to get a rotisserie for a while. I have the Genesis Silver as well and was wondering if you got a weber model, or if there's a recommended rotisserie for that grill?

Also, I've heard a friend pronounce 'rotisserie' (Row-tis-err-air-ee), which I think it one syllable too long. I pronounce it (row-tis-err-ee).

Who's right?!?!

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:20 am
smokemaster medium
medium

phillyjazz wrote:
The ONE thing that bugs me about the rotiss is not being able to use the wireless thermometer.

No brainer otherwise. Don't use to much sugar in the rub and foul the wings if they're on there.

Maverick has the ET-75, which was made just for this purpose. Around $60.

UDS
WSM
Modified CharBroil Silver Smoker Offset

"Beauty Follows Smoke"

Smokemaster

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:05 pm
Ugly John well done
well done

Going with a turkey breast I'd seriously consider brining.

I have a rotis for my weber kettle. i love it. I use it for pork loin roasts quite a bit as well as turkey breasts and chickens. There is a recipe in one of SR's books for a maple grilled turkey breast, isn't there?

When I die, I don't want a funeral - I want a barbecue!

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:23 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Triplem wrote:
I wish I had taken pictures!

So do we!

But I am happy to hear that all went well and your guests were pleased. I'll bet they'll be talking about your cooking for a long time. :wink: Be ready to do it again real soon.

I know a lot of Southern folks that add an extra syllable to many words…. Even one syllable words. :lol:

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:46 am
chagan well done
well done

Hey Triplem, glad it tourned out great. Sorry I didn't see this post until now, but as for a recipe for turkey breast, I would say that any recipe for turkey would work just as well when cooking just the breast. If I were in your shoes, I would've just searched for a turkey recipe. When in doubt, I just use the standby of salt, pepper, rosemary, tyme, and sage. I'm gonna try cmcadams suggestion of a burbon/olive oil injection next :) I'm gonna be whipping up a batch of that creme freche prime rib sauce tonight as a matter of fact :D

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Return to General Discussion