Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Red, Hot and Blue

Red, Hot and Blue

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:55 pm
rogerja well done
well done

I remeber they had a pretty good happy hour ($1 beers!) at the Fairfax store on Chain Bridge...

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:53 pm

Brentk wrote:
RH&B has not done well in North Carolina. The restaurant in Charlotte didn't last long and I understand that the one in Chapel Hill recently closed.

I've been to both and would describe them as very commercial and inconsistent. The Chapel Hill location was better than the Charlotte location, where I had one of the toughest racks of ribs I've ever encountered.

Not sure whether the NC operation was a franchise, but I wouldn't be surprised.

There was also one in Jacksonville, NC, but it closed too. RH&B just can't compete with good barbecue in North Carolina. I've had RH&B at several locations (all closed now), and found the food interesting, but if I want GOOD Q, then I hit a local "Eastern NC" Q-Joint!

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:28 pm
Michigan Fats well done
well done

Being from Michigan, we do not have too many good BBQ joints to choose from. saying that, BHB is one of my favorites. It is just 2 miles from my house and since they have dry smoked ribs, I love going them or just picking up a slab only for carry out.
Al

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:20 pm
Freelander medium
medium

Been to the one in Annapolis, MD several times. For a franchise, I'm pretty impressed with the food, and the atmosphere is great......lots of good Blues music playing. They have great lunch specials for decent prices.

We also try to time our departure from Assateague or Ocean City, MD so that we get back over the Bay Bridge and too R,H &B in time for a late lunch/early dinner. 8)
Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
-Mark Twain

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:21 pm
bhendry raw
raw

I'm amazed at how many Waldorf-ians I've seen here! Maybe we outta have a party??

Up until about 8 months ago, RH&B was our favorite BBQ joint. Recently, we discovered the new "Famous Dave's", also in Waldorf, in that new shopping center across Rt 925 from Circuit City. I think they've been here less than a year. It was truly outstanding! We went back and forth between RH&B and Famous Dave's, and finally concluded that not only is the food better at Famous Dave's, but the staff is much friendlier, as well. The quality at RH&B is simply deteriorating rapidly. Too bad . . .

We've been going to RH&B since 1991, when they catered the company picnic at Lockheed-Martin in Springfield, VA. That was my introduction to RH&B. Afterward, we would frequently load up and head to their location on Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn, Virg. just to pig-out on their Memphis-Style ribs. Not anymore - now it's Famous Dave's and it's only 5 minutes from home . . .

Cheers!
:P
Bob H.
Southern Maryland

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:42 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board bhendry! :D

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:00 pm

Welcome, bhendry. Yeah, I'm one of the Waldorf-ians. I live about as far out in Waldorf as you can get towards Hughesville.
Jenn-Air gas
Weber One Touch Gold
Char-Griller SP w/ SFB
Char-Broil gas
Aussie style charcoal
BBQ Grillware SS portable

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:04 am
riznfall medium-rare
medium-rare

Another one from waldorf. I am in st.charles
Tim
CG + sfb