Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Meat temperatures, cooking temperatures and meat safety

Meat temperatures, cooking temperatures and meat safety

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue May 02, 2006 9:00 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

It is getting that time of the year again when everyone is getting into outdoor cooking again. Some more than others.

So, just as a helpful reminder, here is the long lost post on meat temps and safety.

Just for your reference only. Remember, have fun, be safe, and have a good time.

Bill

Post Wed May 03, 2006 1:33 am
Attrill well done
well done

This is a great thread. Beyond always using a clean plate I think it's important to always be aware of how clean our utensils are as well. One thing I always do towards the end of a cook is rest the tongs I use over the hottest part of the fire for a few minutes to make sure they're clean before I take the meat off. If I'm smoking I close the firebox door over them, with a Weber I place them on the hot side of the grill and drop the lid down to hold them in place. I usually give them a quick wipe with a paper towel before I do this as well.

Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:09 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

Also refreshing again for all of the newer members

Hope ya get some info from it.

The main thing is not to get too hyped up on all of it. Just use your common sense here.

Bill

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:59 am
mrgrumpy well done
well done

I know this is in the FAQ section as a sticky, but I know I often do not go there to read stuff as much as I should.

So, here is another bump since it has been a long time.....

Enjoy it all.

Bill

Previous

Return to General Discussion