Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion 2 Briskets - Updated w/Pics! 9-17-07

2 Briskets - Updated w/Pics! 9-17-07

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:32 pm
Def_Munky well done
well done

Oh yeah, warm up the drippings and use them, not the fat... lol ;)
CG Super Pro w/o SFB

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:23 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

Mr Vegas wrote:
Mrgrumpy the last time I did a brisket the drip pan seemed to have a lot of oil in it. So I didn't use the drippings, my bad.......I really didn't know what to do with the drippings and I thought since there was a lot of oil it might make the sauce too oily.

I will try your method this weekend. Thanks.

Yes, like Monkey said. Chill it in a bowl, and skim off the oil/fat. That way you get just the good stuff. Sorry I didn't mention that.... :oops:

Bill

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:30 pm
Mr Vegas medium-rare
medium-rare

Wow.....so many replies for the use of the drippings......I feel that I really missed out not putting it to good use the last/first time I smoked a brisket! Gonna keep and use the drippings this time!

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:31 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

Mr Vegas wrote:
Wow.....so many replies for the use of the drippings......I feel that I really missed out not putting it to good use the last/first time I smoked a brisket! Gonna keep and use the drippings this time!

You will be a changed person. You will never be the same.... you will be just like us... another addict.... :twisted: :twisted:

Bill

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:12 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well not exactly like ALL of us.

Bill!! Have some pork!!!! :twisted:

(Sorry, it's the evil doppleganger renruBdraY, talking 8)

-BY
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:42 am
mrgrumpy well done
well done

YardBurner wrote:
Well not exactly like ALL of us.

Bill!! Have some pork!!!! :twisted:

(Sorry, it's the evil doppleganger renruBdraY, talking 8)

-BY

Thanks a lot buddy.... I can tell who my real friends are.... :wink: :shock:

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:04 am
Mr Vegas medium-rare
medium-rare

Thanks guys!! I'm gonna go all the way:

2 Briskets
2 Fatties
4 Armadillo Eggs
1 Slab Ribs

And I WILL do something with the drippings!! Will post some pics after the weekend. I also just received my Outlaw from CG yesterday. Nnow my CG Smokin Pro w/SFB has a friend.

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 am
mrgrumpy well done
well done

That's it... go all the way... you will never regret it... and you will be an addict like the rest of us here.... You have to admit you are an addict, before we can help you over come it so you can enjoy it better.... :wink: :wink:

Good luck, and keep us up to date with pics as well.....

Bill

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:00 am
Mr Vegas medium-rare
medium-rare

Mrgrumpy, I must admit......I am now an addict! I've been driving my wife crazy now a days because all I talk about is BBQ and the new things I find searching the forums on BBQ Bible.

Well.....at least she like BBQ. She is really looking forward to the Amadillo eggs and fatties. Gotta prep a lot of stuff today for the Q tomorrow morning. :)

Yes..I will remember to take more pics this time!

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:49 am
grilltender john well done
well done

Yeah my wife and friends are tired of hearing me talk about que and grills for sure. But their mouths are shut when they are tearing into some fine baby backs and tender pulled pork... :wink:
how you done did dat?

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:52 pm
Mr Vegas medium-rare
medium-rare

The weekend smoke went great, but a lot of work. Smoked almost everything I could!!!!! The brisket took about 10hrs and came out great, I took the cabbage off too soon and the Armadillo Eggs were on for too long, but everything tasted great and I had no complaints. As promised here are some pics. Thanks for everyone's help!

[Onions]

[Cabbage]

[Brisket]

[Armadillo Eggs]

[Fatties]

[Brisket 2hrs]

[Smokin Pro doing it's work]

[Cabbage Slaw]

[BBQ Cabbage]

[Cabbage Done]

[Ribs Done]

[Armadillo Eggs Done]

[Fatties Done]

[Brisket Sliced]

[Brisket Sliced 2]

[Smokin Pro & Outlaw]
Image][/img]

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:19 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I had to save the picture of the CG doing its work! 8) 8) 8) Absolutely beautiful Mr Vegas....

What did you stuff the fatty with?

That was quite a challenging cook but it looks like you pulled it off pretty well! Congratulations! :D

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:00 am
Mr Vegas medium-rare
medium-rare

Bob-BQN -

Thanks for the props, it was a bit of work but everything tasted great. I really almost had too much on the grill.

The fatties were stuffed with: grn bell peppers, onions and cheese(M. Jack & mild cheddar). And a rub I got from one of the posts about fatties. I also did a different twist with the Armadillo Eggs: My wife doesn't like jalapenos so I roasted some anaheim chilis then used both the M. Jack & mild cheddar. The eggs kinda dried out a bit but I liked them. Everyone loved the fatties!

Ever since I told my wife about the fatties........she officially calls me "FATTIE"!

Really couldn't have done it without everyone's help. Thanks!

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:47 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

Well, I have to admit it all.... I think we have another addict.... hooked for life.... and there is even pictures.... a true life committed one for sure.

Nice job...

Bill

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:18 pm
Mr Vegas medium-rare
medium-rare

Mrgrumpy - Yes......I must admit......I am now an addict!

Thanks for the props. We'll see what's next, there are a tons of things I haven't tried yet. Pork butt, beef ribs, chicken.......I'm quite sure I'm missing a few things!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion