Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Mustard/Vinegar Mop ??

Mustard/Vinegar Mop ??

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:57 pm
Sharps

Got two of your books (Grilling,Sauces) a couple of days ago and already the family is crazy about the BeerCan Chicken. I am a bit of a nut when it comes to BBQ - I use BBQ sauce in place of Catsup, I steam veggies in BBQ sauce.
Question: Somewhere , sometime I got a sauce recipe that has among other things vinegar and yellow mustard in it. Mustard and vinegar to the extent that it was fairly thin, yellowish and with a strong vinegar aroma (my wife would say smell) to it.
I used it on ribs and it was fantastic :D
Of course I have lost the recipe. :( Does this ring a bell with anyone??

Sharps

Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:40 pm
Chris

I use a product called Big Bob's championship whitesauce. He is not kidding about the championship part- he has won multiple awards for this product. While I don't know of the brand that you are looking for, it sounds like a carolina area based recipe, as they use more vinegar based products. Try opening up your browser and in the search area type:

Vinegar AND mustard AND barbecue

This usually produces good results. I will try it again myself later and see if I can help narrow this down for you. Good luck- I'll probably post again on this topic shortly.

Chris

Return to General Discussion