Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint D.C. to Nashville and greater Nashville area.

D.C. to Nashville and greater Nashville area.

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Any hints for Nashville? Where to go?:lol: Where NOT to go? :cry:

Or between D.C and Nashville?

Gonna be there for a week tagging along with the wife for a seminar series and will have a vehicle and time to kill.
(We're driving down. It looks like only a 13 hour run, so no need to fly. YEAH!!! :lol: )

A free weekend for her will most likely end up with an overnight trip to Memphis.

Let's hear from you folks in those parts of the mid South!!

I would also love to meet up with any board member from that neck of the woods if possible!!!

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:28 am
Natty Boh medium-rare
medium-rare

The best pork BBQ I've ever eaten in a Q joint is at the Ridgewood in East Tennessee. Over the last 50 years I've been to almost all the great spots in NC (at least those cooking with wood), some in SC and GA, and several in Tennessee. Several of them many times over. The Ridgewood is the best. It has a Bluff City address, but it's out in the country, surrounded by little more than air and water. It's been there since 1947, and it's been operated all this time by the same family.

Corky's is a chain, and I've eaten at the ones in Knoxville and Jackson. Both were a disappointment. I have not been to Corky's in Memphis. Try the ribs at the Rendezvous in Memphis.

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:34 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks! And welcome to the board, Natty Boh.

Hope you'll stick around and share some of your experiences!

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:31 am
Natty Boh medium-rare
medium-rare

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:45 am
whodking rare
rare

When I was in Nashville for business downtown, I tried Jack's on Broadway. It was pretty good. The portions were perfect. They can get really busy Friday and Saturday nights or when an event is at the Gaylord Arena. The brisket and shoulder are very good. The turkey is excellent. Prices are really good. Gotta try the sweet tea and all the different sauces.

Return to Best BBQ Joint