Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint What about Chicago area?

What about Chicago area?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:04 am
ajhunter well done
well done

My last visit to chi-town I finally went to the weber grill - very good! Next time I go I am going to try the meatloaf - it looked sooooo good!

Tony
2 WSMs, CG
KCBS CBJ

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:48 am
Triple Threat well done
well done

I've yet to go to the Weber Grill. There's just so many great steak houses that it's hard to hit them all.

But every year for my b-day, for the last 5 or 6 years my wife has been taking me "anywhere I want" and every year I've been knocking off the steak houses one-by-one.

BTW, Tony, they are opening one in Indy soon! http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/loc ... intro.html
Weber Performer
Weber Q200
Chargriller SmokinPro

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:54 pm
ajhunter well done
well done

Triple Threat wrote:
I've yet to go to the Weber Grill. There's just so many great steak houses that it's hard to hit them all.

But every year for my b-day, for the last 5 or 6 years my wife has been taking me "anywhere I want" and every year I've been knocking off the steak houses one-by-one.

BTW, Tony, they are opening one in Indy soon! http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/loc ... intro.html

YESSSSSS!!!!!
:D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
2 WSMs, CG
KCBS CBJ

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:47 pm
wolf0503 raw
raw

Merle, Hecky's. Robinson's are all great places for good cue. For my money Merle takes it thou.

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:17 am
bonz50 medium-rare
medium-rare

if you're in the far north burbs try Brother's in Mundelein (corner of Rt 60 and Hwy 45)... excellent Q, in fact, award winning Q... when i don't have time to make my own, this is where I go, and it's a 45 minute drive each way for me)... I used to live not far from Hillary's in waukegan and used to frequent their north chicago location until it burned down about 10-odd yrs ago, its good until you have better, it's only average imho, though very authentic southern Q, they do their meat more to the chewy end of the spectrum, a bit tougher than I like but their sauce is good, best dish to get there is the Pork Shoulder Dinner... I used to work down the street from Weber Grill in downtown, great restaurant, but certainly not the best steakhouse in town... I like Kinzie Chophouse (by the merchandise mart), and believe it or not, Harry Caray's (not the best steak, but the most consistently good steak i've had), alot of the other places are pretty inconsistent, great one day, so-so the next... Harry's is always good
________
Ferrari Mythos Specifications
Last edited by bonz50 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:02 pm
winga raw
raw

Try Smoke Daddy's on Division right off the Kennedy expessway. It's also a few blocks from the Blue line if you're flying into O'Hare. If you're looking for great BBQ at a decent price with a cool bluesy atmosphere nothing beats Smoke Daddys.

http://www.thesmokedaddy.com/

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:50 pm
Buckeye Bob well done
well done

The place referenced in the early part of this post is Uncle Bub's on Cass Avenue in Westmont. Great Q and great atmosphere. They do a good job and have won a number of competitions.

Buckeye Bob

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:22 pm
mrpig rare
rare

Anybody been to that place called "Salt Creek BBQ" on North avenue out in the west burbs close to the 355 exit (little west of it). Any good?

Weber E-310
Primo Oval XL
Weber 22"
CG w/ SFB

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:30 pm
Triple Threat well done
well done

Haven't been to that one, but if they are related to the Salt Creek BBQ in Batavia (Randall & McKee) I was not impressed. Just went there once, ordered the brisket sandwich and it was nothing more than roasted meat with bbq sauce dumped on. And actually it seemed more like roast beef to me than brisket.

I might go back and try something else, but the brisket turned me off to the place.

It got a few good reviews on citysearch though...

http://chicago.citysearch.com/profile/3 ... beque.html
Weber Performer
Weber Q200
Chargriller SmokinPro

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:50 pm
Vitalogy medium-rare
medium-rare

Triple Threat wrote:

I was in Chicago Sunday for Lollapalooza and stayed at the Marriott at Grand & Rush. It was only a block away, but I didn't get a chance to eat there. :cry:

Previous

Return to Best BBQ Joint