Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Chicago to Milwaukee

Chicago to Milwaukee

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:31 am
BigSmoke medium
medium

In early August I will be driving between Chicago and Milwaukee. Can anyone recommend a top notch BBQ joint in Chicago, MIlwaukee or anywhere on the drive inbetween? Thanks in advance for your advice.
GO BLUE!!

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:29 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Check out the Roadfood forums. There are many threads about Chicago, Milwaukee, and the places in between.

Brad

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:31 pm
bonz50 medium-rare
medium-rare

all depends on how far off the tollway you wanna get... on hwy 50 just across the wi border there is a famous dave's, if you get off at rte60 (town line rd) on the IL side and head west to rt45 (about 4 miles) there is a good place called brothers bbq, imho, best in lake county IL
________
Ford mn12 platform picture
Last edited by bonz50 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:07 pm
BigSmoke medium
medium

Thanks for the lead bonz. They have a good looking website and I'm going to try out burney brothers on my trip.
GO BLUE!!

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:27 pm
Heebzman medium
medium

Great Northern BBQ in Pewaukee off Silvernail Road (just off I-94).
True smoke BBQ, (ribs, brisket, chicken, pulled pork, sausages) and some pretty awesome homemade BBQ sauces.

I also love their BBQ beans, and chedderhead corn.

Check it out !!
http://www.greatnorthernbbqco.com/

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:06 pm
winga raw
raw

If you're looking for BBQ in a true Chicago neighborhood away from the downtown tourist traps try Smoke Daddy's on Division. It's right off the Kennedy Expressway and is excellent food at a good price with a great bluesy atmosphere. You wont be disappointed.

http://www.thesmokedaddy.com/

Return to Best BBQ Joint