Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weber Silver Question

Weber Silver Question

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu May 31, 2007 11:31 am
Alztybrn medium-rare
medium-rare

Hello all...new here. I have a few stupid questions regarding my Weber grill. First is a really stupid question, but am looking for an answer. What do you guys do with the coals that are left over when you are done cooking? Do you empty them each time you grill, or leave them there to burn up? Just curious.

Second...is there a thermometer I can use to determing the temp inside my grill? I have not seen anything looking around, but see you guys talking about your grill temps.

Be kind, and thanks!

Post Thu May 31, 2007 11:38 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

If you shut all the dampers after you're done cooking, the fire should go out and you may have some coals left over to burn next time. I usually don't do this, so I just end up throwing everything into a metal trash can when I get around to it.
To find your inside temps, there are several options, you could drill a thermometer in the lid at grate level, your coud buy an oven thermometer to set on the grate inside, you could buy a remote thermometer and monitor the temps from the outside, or you could stick a replacement style thermometer into one of your exhaust vents, but it won't be very accurat for your grate temps.

Post Thu May 31, 2007 1:09 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I do the same as Leatherneck for saving the surplus fuel... close the vents and lid. Then add lit fuel on top of it the next cook.

I don't normally monitor my grill temperature. I just judge from experience whether the food is cooking too fast or too slow and adjust accordingly.

Post Thu May 31, 2007 1:17 pm
Triple Threat well done
well done

Simple as this..... http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/moretherm.html

I only care to know my temps when I'm cooking indirectly. For direct grilling (even with the lid on) I just go by feel of the food.
Weber Performer
Weber Q200
Chargriller SmokinPro

Post Thu May 31, 2007 1:45 pm
Alztybrn medium-rare
medium-rare

Thanks!

Return to General Discussion