Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Scotish Steak

Scotish Steak

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Mon May 14, 2007 12:23 pm
i like it raw
raw

Hi All

I bought some scotish steak this week end from a an out of town butchers and boy that was the best tasting steak I have had in ages. It is called Orkney that is where it is reared. I have had many other steaks but this will take some beating,. I think the main reason for the taste and tenderness is that all the cattle is organic they eat no rubbish. A bit on the pricy side but was well worth the extra ££££££.

Cooked it on bbq for around 15mins just cooked nicely

Just thought I would share this with you all. And also got to mention I am from the UK . Oh nearly forgot check there web site out and you see what I am talking about

http://www.orkyneimeat.co.uk/orkyneimeat.html

Post Mon May 14, 2007 8:03 pm
TX Sandman well done
well done

Texas greetings from across the pond, i like it! Welcome aboard!

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Tue May 15, 2007 12:22 pm
i like it raw
raw

Thank for the welcome TX Sandman. Hope I can contrbute more information. Just thought it would be good idea to see what type of meats we get here in UK to what you get in US.
I must admit there is nothing more satisfying then a good old juicy steak from organicly reared cattle. Like I said ealier it might cost more but the end result is taste with out too much fat but just the right amount.

Post Thu May 17, 2007 5:18 pm
i like it raw
raw

Can some one tell me what Kobe is like?

Post Thu May 17, 2007 8:49 pm
outagas well done
well done

i like it wrote:
Can some one tell me what Kobe is like?

Kobe beef is awesome.

See my blog.
"El método del Su Excelencia, el Rey Minion"

Post Fri May 18, 2007 12:04 pm
i like it raw
raw

That looks mighty tasty. Hpw much is Kobe per lb. I will ask my local butcher if he can get ahold of it here and if he can I will give itr a try.

Post Fri May 18, 2007 9:54 pm
outagas well done
well done

i like it wrote:
That looks mighty tasty. Hpw much is Kobe per lb. I will ask my local butcher if he can get ahold of it here and if he can I will give itr a try.

I saw American Kobe filets for $23/pound and ribeyes for $29/pound tonight. The marbling of the ribeyes was the best I have ever seen on any beef.

Jim
"El método del Su Excelencia, el Rey Minion"

Post Sat May 19, 2007 2:54 am
i like it raw
raw

I have come across a web site here in the UK that breeds this herd so will try and contact them later this week and see how much it costs over here. I must admit untill I came across this web site I had never heard of this breed before.

I wonder if you could do that to other cattle and if so would the meat be more tender. If it cost just a few $ more per lb would you give it a try ?

But it would be interesting purly as a one off to give it a try. Will let you know later if I give it a try.

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:07 pm
sprintman raw
raw

All our meat, poultry etc is organic just so much better and healthier. Tonight rack of organic saltbush lamb, hard to beat.

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:09 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board sprintman! :D

Return to Best BBQ Joint