Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Oiling grates

Oiling grates

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:13 pm
lenpra raw
raw

Some say to oil stainless grates BEFORE lighting grill, while others say to oil grates AFTER grill is lit and grates are hot. Any suggestions or comments?
ALSO... has anyone come accross a fuel guage that would attach between tank and grill to measure tank pressure?

Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:43 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

On my Webber Summitt Gold I always light her up first. That way I can get her nice and hot and burn everything off the grates first, then I brush her down and finally oil her up.

Seriously though, you want to clean the grates first that way you're not passing dirt and ash into the oil then into your food.

Good Luck and Enjoy

"Always Go Big"

Post Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:25 pm
PaulP well done
well done

lenpra wrote:
ALSO... has anyone come accross a fuel guage that would attach between tank and grill to measure tank pressure?

There are lots of these kinds of guages available. Amoung others, I think CharBroil makes one.

Hie thee over to Google...
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:00 am
stl-rich rare
rare

PaulP wrote:
lenpra wrote:

There are lots of these kinds of guages available. Amoung others, I think CharBroil makes one.

anyone have GOOD experiences with those gauges?

sure is nice to have an extra full tank!

Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:56 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Just to give fellow junkies like myself a little food for thought.
Instead of an extra tank, think about a quick connect line to your homes main supply of natural or propane gas (obviously match your grill to your source).

Best money I ever spent!

Return to General Discussion