Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pork Tenderloin ideas / lessons???

Pork Tenderloin ideas / lessons???

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:47 pm

Want to BBA Pork terderloin indirect method - suggestions?

Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:53 pm
wch

Soak the tenderloin overnight in a mixture of salt water with brown sugar (3 tbsp salt per quart of water, and however much sugar you want) This step doesn't add much flavor, but it produces meat you can cut with your fork. Remove from water and pat dry. I make a rub with the following:
brown sugar, cajun seasoning, garlic powder, fresh ground black pepper, ground rosemary, and a little sage. Rub the mixture on, and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. I grill it using the indirect method for about 25-30 minutes or until the internal temp is around 150 degrees. Its the best I've tried.

Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:36 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Check out Steven's How to Grill book - there is an excellent recipe for Mojo - Marinated Pork Tenderloin (pg 122 - I make it so much I know the page number)

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:41 pm
Gopher Guy

I tried the stuffed pork loin in his How to Grill book, but instead of the pate, I stuffed it with pepperoni and shredded mozzarella cheese then tied it shut with string and wrapped it with bacon. It turned out great!

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:02 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Hey Gopher Guy - Thanks for the pepperoni and mozzarella idea, I am cooking a pork loin tonight and will try your suggestion!

Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:06 pm

I used the recommended process and spices offered above this past weekend with outstanding success! Thanks for the tips.

Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:24 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Try buying one bone in. You may have to ask for this special. Brine it as noted here and upon removing it truss it with butcher string with some rosemary sprigs and other seasonings of your liking then smoke roast as noted. I have found I prefer the flavors of a bone in one more.

Return to General Discussion