Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Orlando Area - Best for Steak?

Orlando Area - Best for Steak?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:04 am
Stace2406 rare
rare

Guys,

Mentioned it in the sticky but I'm off to Orlando with the family to do the parks and stuff in a few weeks.

Any recommendations for a good steak whilst out there, have always enjoyed a 'Longhorns' but any better recommendations?

Preferably Somewhere with a good atmosphere !!

Thanks
Stace

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:28 am
Ginger medium
medium

Are you going to Disney? Are you staying on property? If so the Yachtsman steakhouse at the Yacht club resort gets good reviews. Can't give a personal review, I'm not eating there until Oct. Some say LeCellier in Epcot at Canada is good, we had very very slow service there. My fillet was good, DH's prime rib was not. The buffalo steak at the Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge is good.

Have a great trip.
wife of wscato

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:11 pm
rboy6 raw
raw

A good place to go here in the outskirts of the tourist area is Del Frisco's on Lee Road left off I-4coming east on I-4 from Disney. It is pricey but worth the money due to the quality. Fork tender steaks, big sides, and very good bar. For the price concious item on the menu, look toward the "mis steak", a good portion of meat well worth the price also. This is all prime meat here and Mr Christner, rest his soul, was the only person to wrestle a corporate spot that he could run on his own that the owners in Dallas would approve of. His food and service is legendary. The Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Disney Yachtclub Resort is a very good alternative to try on property and a bit better pricewise. You can check the menu for seasonal specials also before you make a reservation while on the property but plan to wait due to the high demand and only open for dinner.Impecable service as well. Enjoy the trip to Disney.

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:14 pm
HND medium-well
medium-well

also posted in the top steakhouse thread

stace, you def want to try Charlies.

its on international drive.

might i suggest the ribeye...or (what they are famous for but its pricy but you could share it) the heart of the filet. only 1 per animal. 22oz filet mignon. either are phenominal.

They cook their steaks around 1000 degrees over oak and citrus woods...

a top 3 steak i've ever had...

and if you like seafood, the crabhouse near it is called the Crab House and they have an awesome cold bar.

also Ran Getsu has great sushi...

all are around that area...

Post Tue May 01, 2007 9:19 am
Stace2406 rare
rare

Thanks.

I did the crabhouse when I was there in November and plan on slipping it in this time aswell.

I've been recommended Charlies, will give it a wirl !!

Return to Best BBQ Joint