x

The Best BBQ Delivered to You!

Sign up here for Steven’ Raichlen’s weekly Up in Smoke e-newsletter (and get a free ‘Best Burgers’ e-book!).

Menu

News & Information

Happy Birthday

Many of you wrote to wish me a happy birthday. I can’t tell you how much your kind words meant to me.

And I’ll show you how we celebrated. At a terrific new Brazilian steakhouse in Fort Lauderdale called Chima. All the meats are spit roasted on a huge charcoal burning grill and they put the fatty cuts, like prime rib, on the top rack, so the dripping meat juices baste the leaner cuts, like flank steak and sirloin. Here my wife, Barbara, and my mother-in-law, Miriam Seldin, enjoy some leg of lamb carved hot and fresh off the spit. (My mother-in-law has the same birthday as I do.) The really cool thing about Brazilian steak houses (besides the fabulous spit-roasted meat) is that they give each guest a little “stop/ go” medallion. Put the “go” side up and they continue carving freshly roasted meat onto your plate until you burst. (Well, almost.) To pace yourself, from time to time, you turn the medallion “stop” side up.