Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Maker's Mark Grills?

Maker's Mark Grills?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:51 am
stripegrill medium
medium

Has anybody heard of Maker's Mark Grills? I saw one at Sam's Club for $600. It has 3 burners, a rear burner for rotisserie, a rotisserie included, side burner, and a storage area. Just looking for opinions.

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:20 pm
BBQ Nut raw
raw

Yes, my friend has one and loves it. I am actually considering buying one for myself in the next few weeks. I think it's a lot of grill for the money. I found an interesting web site about this grill and thought you might find it interesting

http://www.komar.org/bbq/

Let me know if you end up purchasing it.

Shawn
Give Me BBQ or Give Me Death!

Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:59 pm

Uhh .. Do you mean Member's Mark ?? MAKERS's Mark is a pretty good whiskey, and I have grilled a few brain cells with it here and there.... A bit pricey yo use in BBQ .. Stick to Jack or Jim for the sauces. Take the Maker's neat .....

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:40 pm
dwilli01 rare
rare

I think Members' Mark is the name Sam's applies to products it markets as its "own". I know that I've bought Members' Mark bottled water for example.

The grill is probably manufactured by someone else -

Post Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:41 pm
rrgator raw
raw

I have a Member's Mark grill. Bought it 2.5 years ago and am very happy with it. It is made by Grand Hall and you can go to their website for more information. I did a lot of research when I was buying one. I had been buying the $139 spring special at Home Depot each year and would wear it out by the end of the summer. I decided to spend more and started looking in the $500-$1,000 range. I had almost decided on a Weber Genesis Gold B, when I came across a message board discussion on the Member's Mark. I made a trip to Sam's and was sold. They have made some minor changes to the grill over the past 2 years, but it is basically the same grill.

Grand Hall has a good warranty and a very helpful customer service dept. I have replaced the burners this past summer (under warranty, only paid S&H), and have purchased new flame tamers (the ceramic tiles that dessiminate the heat from the flames.)

I clean it thoroughly twice a year, early spring and late fall, keep it covered, and use it probably 2-3 times a week. I also clean the exterior probably every 6 weeks, using bar keeps friend, which you can find at Walmart.

I think you, or anyone else, will be very happy with this grill if you buy it.
Go Gators!

Return to General Discussion