Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Stuffed Suckling Pig Roast

Stuffed Suckling Pig Roast

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:24 pm
Don Marco well done
well done

Howdy...

Heres Sundays Dinner, 7 pounds Loin and belly from a suckling pig, skin on, rubbed on the inside with texasbbqrub and stuffed with sun dried tomatoe pesto, diced apple and cranberries, then cooked on the weber kettle rotisserie with apple wood for smoke.

The crust was to die for.

Sorry, no pics of the sliced roast, my familiy went after this like a bunch of hungry t-rex after a bunny. :twisted:

The taste was just awesome, really crusty skin, tender and moist meat and the sweet and spicy stuffing were an excellent combination.

Here we go :

[img][img]http://mybbq.net/forum/userpix/57_P1030745_Medium_1.jpg[/img]

DM

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:32 pm
T-Rex well done
well done

I'm speechless....................................................This T-Rex knows all about going after some good cooking. I'd be all over that piggy! Once again, the pics are fantastic. Looks like the skin crisped up into some really nice pork cracklin!!!

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:03 pm
sacmer well done
well done

Looks good. I can get something like that from a local pig farmer that sells at our farmers market. It is a bone in, skin on pork loin roast. He calls it the "Euro Roast" as I can see that skin on style must be popular over there. I have done one indirect on my Weber kettle and it was great. I did not poke or cross hatch the thick fat cap however and it did not crisp as much as I would have liked. I am going to try again soon. I may open it up and stuff it as well.

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:09 pm
Ericd medium-well
medium-well

Don Marco,

I don't believe you are human.

I cordially invite myself to your house.

Ericd

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:37 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Don that is a new one to me. Don't believe I've ever seen that cut of pork. That was fun watching the surface cook on the rotisserie and turn to cracklins. :D

I'll bet that filling was mighty good with the pork. 8)

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:46 pm
ajhunter well done
well done

Now thats what I call some mighty fine eatin'! I have never seen that cut before either. Have you ever seen that cut cooked while open flat?

Tony
2 WSMs, CG
KCBS CBJ

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:52 pm
C. Piper well done
well done

Don don't take this the wrong way . But I dearly wished you and a few others (Serial comes to mind) Would consider doing a double post by posting these works of culinary art recipes on the "Member Recipe" thread. You see if one of us wishes to try (fat chance of me duplicating something like this) and replicate one of these gorgeous recipes at sometime in the future we may not be successful in searching it out of the pile it will inevitably become buried in.

However if it were also in the member recipe thread it would already be in a much condensed search area. These types of recipes are too valuable (to me and I suspect others) to be lost. Were privileged to have some very gifted culinary grillers and smokers on this board and I appreciate every one you.

So please you guys it wouldn’t hurt anything to duplicate these on the Member recipe thread. Please? I can't be the only one to feel this way. :?

It's a disservice for these to get buried. :)

Come on folks if he feels more of us may feel this way lets encourage him by saying so with a big "DITTO".
Clay
CharGriller Super Pro W/SFB

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:07 am
Don Marco well done
well done

C.Piper, I just posted this in the "Member recipees Thread".

Ajhunter, i dont think cooking this cut flat would work.
The meat would be dry and tough long before the skin gets crispy.

DM

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:52 pm
ajhunter well done
well done

Don Marco wrote:
Ajhunter, i dont think cooking this cut flat would work.
The meat would be dry and tough long before the skin gets crispy. DM

Ok, I was just curious because it looked might fine laying out flat. I am going to ask my butcher if I can get that cut - it looks great and I am sure it tasted even better than that!! Yum!!!

Tony
2 WSMs, CG
KCBS CBJ

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:16 am
copkid well done
well done

I've booked my airfare! First stop, Germany, and next stop, Italy, to see Frankie!
That made my mouth water big time! I could never find a cut of meat like that! You tied it like a true pro! man, I would love to taste that skin!
Laura

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:47 pm
T-Rex well done
well done

We need our resident Butcher from Michigan to give us a better insight into this cut and it's availability here in the U.S.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:00 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

W-o-W! That's all I can say...

tex 8)

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:56 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

That’s truly awesome looking stuff!

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:36 pm
MaineiacSmoker well done
well done

Sorry it took so long to post....had to clean the drool off my keyboard!!! :D Thanks for the pics....it looks fantastic.

Cheers,

Dave

CB 45K Gasser
Modified CG w/ SFB

Return to General Discussion