Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Favorite Steakhouse?

Favorite Steakhouse?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:39 pm
PeteJessCam medium-rare
medium-rare

I'm a big fan of Brown Derby's Roadhouse. The portions are outstanding for the price, the adult beverages are very tasty, and the beef is good. If you have one around you, it's pretty passable.
CG Super Pro - Stella
Weber Silver 18.5 - Bridget

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:40 am
Stace2406 rare
rare

Haven't read the whole thread yet so apologies for asking the question if its been answered.

I'm off to Orlando in a few weeks, any recommendations for out there???

Thanks
Stace

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:13 pm
HND medium-well
medium-well

stace, you def want to try Charlies.

its on international drive.

might i suggest the ribeye...or (what they are famous for but its pricy but you could share it) the heart of the filet. only 1 per animal. 22oz filet mignon. either are phenominal.

They cook their steaks around 1000 degrees over oak and citrus woods...

a top 3 steak i've ever had...

and if you like seafood, the crabhouse near it is called the Crab House and they have an awesome cold bar.

also Ran Getsu has great sushi...

all are around that area...

Post Wed May 02, 2007 3:38 pm
mikef123 rare
rare

So I did a grand total of all the steakhouses that were posted and the GRAND TOTAL so far is $246.898 in US funds!!!! So many steak houses and so little time.
Mike

Post Wed May 02, 2007 3:44 pm
mikef123 rare
rare

I would like to add Martins Steak and Prime Rib house.
Now it's been a while since I was there but if memory serves me right it's on 1A south of Saint Augustine by about 1/2 hour on the right side of the highway.
Mike

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:23 pm
toasty medium
medium

Sparks in NYC serves an epic piece of meat. Add the history to it (it's where John Gotti had Paul Catellano hit to take over the Gambino crime family), and it makes for a great experience... :D
"Give me my smoker and a cord of seasoned cherry, or give me death!!"
Bandera
Weber Kettle
Perfect Flame 5 Burner

Post Sat May 05, 2007 1:01 pm
ncdad rare
rare

Favorite steakhouse = like a lot of you, my grill. To answer the question I would have to say Flemings is quite good. Not a steakhouse, but I recently ate at Lawry's for the first time and it was really good. Someday I guess I'll have to try Ruth's Chris, I hear they're really good. Have eaten at Shula's a couple times, and while it's good, it wasn't much better than Outback. Which isn't a slam on Outback, because the one by my house serves great steaks, for half the price of the aforementioned Shula's.

Post Mon May 07, 2007 10:11 am
toasty medium
medium

agreed re Outback. Is it the best steak I've ever had? Of course not. Especially for a chain, though, it serves a very good steak, and tends to be pretty consistent. Not a bad option when you just want a steak without all the pomp and circumstance surrounding many chophouses...
"Give me my smoker and a cord of seasoned cherry, or give me death!!"
Bandera
Weber Kettle
Perfect Flame 5 Burner

Post Wed May 30, 2007 11:22 pm
BIG J raw
raw

Johnny's Cafe in Omaha, NE. Legendary steakhouse next to the old stockyards.
It's where Warren Schmidt had his retirement dinner in "About Schmidt". One of many great steakhouses to hit when in Omaha.

Post Thu May 31, 2007 8:47 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board BIG J! :D

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:04 pm
vireya raw
raw

HND wrote:
The best places for steak that i've been to....:

Any Sullivans - most notibly Chicago and Austin
Chop House - Denver
Charlies - Orlando
Reed's Jazz and supper club - Austin
Finn and Porters - Austin
Lou and Mickey's - San Diego
Capitol Grill - Chicago, Houston, Ft Lauderdale

Not sure, but think Capitol started in Providence RI, spread to Boston, etc

Just heard a rumor they are coming to Palm Beach Gardens

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:02 pm
RobKC raw
raw

The memorable steaks I've eaten in the last 5 years are from...
1. Jess & Jims - Martin City MO
2. Capitol Grille - KC
3. Dickie Brennan's - NOLA
4. Shula's - SLC

Last time I went to Golden Ox, the service was excellent as usual, but I had to send my steak back. It was a little tough and way overcooked for medium rare. Our group of cigar guys get together down there at least once a year, so they will get another shot.

I lived in Austin in the '80s and only found one place I liked but I can't remember the name of it. Mc????. I think it was on 6th St.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:48 pm

Okay, I mentioned in a previous reply to this thread that I thought that Shula's had the best steak that I'd ever eaten. Now I will have to add "The Texas Land and Cattle Company" to that list. I just returned from San Antonio where I ate dinner at "The Texas Land and Cattle Company" on the Riverwalk. I got the small filet (they were pushing the larger one) and it was the best choice. My wife got the larger one and it wasn't nearly as tender as mine. Wonderful flavor and extremely tender. I don't know why they even gave me a steak knife (oh yeah, the baked potato was a bit tough!).

Great place and I highly recommend it!!!

Best steakhouses that I've been to: "The Texas Land and Cattle Company" (in San Antonio), "Shula's" (in Philadelphia), "The Angus Barn" (in Raleigh, NC), "Bern's Steakhouse" (in Tampa), "Ruth's Chris" (in Raleigh), and "The Peddler" (in Raleigh).

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:50 pm
dliwer rare
rare

As part of my job, I entertain clients all over Europe and the US, and most of them love steakhouses. So, I have been to most high end places in the states, and a few in europe as well... (tough job, someone's got to do it)

My favorite, by FAR is Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. Nothing compares in my mind. The porterhouse for three is to die for, crusty on the outside, juicy and oh-so-tender on the inside... There is something to be said for a place that has been around for so long...

Only catch: they don't take plastic, (other than their own card!) which when entertaining clients, is a huge issue...

My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Time for a Lugar run.
DrewBBQ

Weber Summit Gold
CharGriller Smokin' Pro

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:40 pm
Sledneck well done
well done

dliwer wrote:
As part of my job, I entertain clients all over Europe and the US, and most of them love steakhouses. So, I have been to most high end places in the states, and a few in europe as well... (tough job, someone's got to do it)

My favorite, by FAR is Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. Nothing compares in my mind. The porterhouse for three is to die for, crusty on the outside, juicy and oh-so-tender on the inside... There is something to be said for a place that has been around for so long...

Only catch: they don't take plastic, (other than their own card!) which when entertaining clients, is a huge issue...

My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Time for a Lugar run.

http://www.pacessteakhouse.com/
Paces Steakhouse makes peter luger seem like sizzler
Steve

PreviousNext

Return to Best BBQ Joint