Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials BCC

BCC

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.

BCC

Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:35 am
Ericd medium-well
medium-well

Made my first Beer Can Chicken yesterday. Actually, I made two. I figured one of 'ems gotta come out good. What an easy process, and what a result. They smoked for about 2 hours at roughly 300 (cold and windy) and came out perfect.

Just wondering....anyone have Steve's Beer Can Chicken book? I'm thinking about buying it to see how many variations he's come up with.

Absolutely amazing. I'm never eating chicken any other way. :)

p.s. Is there a beer can turkey?

Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:29 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Ericd wrote:

Oh Yeah! :wink: If you search for the keyword "Fosters" you'll find lots of information here.

Steven did an episode, Show 107: Birds on a Can, where he cooked quail on a small juice can, BCC's, a standing duck, and the bird in question, turkey on a can. :)

Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:48 pm
TX Sandman well done
well done

Ericd wrote:

I will add here that the liquid makes a *big* difference!

BIL and friend bought a stand similar to the BCC stands around. They cooked a turkey on it, but didn't use any liquid. Meat was dry, and no amount of sauce could revivie it.

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:42 pm
Ericd medium-well
medium-well

lol, how'd I know it would be a Fosters? :)

So, no show on "Keg of Bud inside a whole pig"? :)

I'm doing some more BCC's this weekend. Quite honestly, I don't think my grill has enough room to stand a turkey up inside of it. :evil:

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:59 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

BCC's are a great way to go for a good meal for guests too. You can amaze them with the magic of smoking/grilling them, and they will think you are wizard cook....

Bill

Return to Testimonials