Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Need some help finding a smoker

Need some help finding a smoker

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:02 pm
wannabbq raw
raw

Hello all first time post here, as you can guess by my post count :)

Is there anybody out there that can provide a link to a good company that makes smokers?
I don't have a proplem sending out of state for it,

Thanks in advance for help & nice to meet and greet you all :D

[/b]

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:56 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Welcome to the board!

Are you looking for an offset smoker, bullet, towable rig? How big? Will it be used a smoker only or double up as a grill? Price range? I'm sure there are some other questions to ask that I forgot. The char griller is a popular smoker on this board with quite a bit of discussion lately. Let us know your needs and I'm sure you will find a smokin deal on your new BBQ. Here is link to a good BBQ store, and where I purchased my smoker from.

http://www.bbqgalore.com/

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:34 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Wow wannabbq that is quite a first question! I don't think it can be answered just yet though, there's too much to it. It kind of like buying a car. There are so many makes and models that do so many different thing that it would be unwise to just say this is the one you want without knowing more. Like waas said tell us more about what you are looking to do with your rig. There are lots of people here who will happily share their knowledge and preferences. There are also lots of places you can go to get one without having to order online, and if you can't find it local there are even more places online.
Be patient and we'll do our best to help you find your rig and get you q'ing in no time.

By the way glad you joined, hope you stick around and enjoy the insanity.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:11 pm

First thanks for the quick replys,
and sorry for being so vague, I would like an offset smoker & grill.

as for size I am thinking the biggest thing I want to do is maybe a suckling pig :D .

It's mostly me and my wife, but when I do bbq, all I can really say is where's the MEAT :shock:

And I am glad I joined to :D

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:14 pm
wannabbq raw
raw

lol sorry forgot to sign in :D Thats me above wannabbq

Wow Thanks for the link wlfpkrcn, the first one I saw on the smoker section is just what I am looking for, the bbq-chef.

But I think I better go back to K-Mart, they had it on sale for $159.00.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:29 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

wannabbq you make also wish to check out the Char Griller that so many on the board have been buzzing about lately. Lowes normally carries them.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:47 pm

Thanks Bob I checked them out, the only one I found was the one with out the offset,
It's not to far from my house I'll go check it out

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:49 pm
wannabbq raw
raw

LMBO :oops: I keep frogetting to sign in, ^^^^me again^^^^^

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:36 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The key to the chargriller is to buy the super pro without the offset fire box and add it on later for a few more bucks. It still keeps the price under $200 and gives you a few extra features. Its a great grill and as of late there is a ton of info on it here. I own one myself.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:43 pm
goldenbear medium-rare
medium-rare

wannabbq,

You can go here to order it and you can get both for 150 bucks.

Here's the link.

They used to have free shipping but if you have a Lowes nearby, print this out and take it there and they can probably price match. That's how I got my chargriller for 149.98. Plus, I bought the cover for 20 bucks! Can't beat getting all of that for 170!

Welcome to the board. I'm sure you'll start obsessing over Q like the rest of us.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:16 pm
wannabbq raw
raw

You guy's are great so much help and quick I might add.

Goldenbear, That BBq/smoker is just what I am looking for.

Going to the web site after I type this, and again you guy's are great Thanks a bunch :)

Duh on me, I get so excited, First I will print the ad from nt.com and go to lowes to see if they have it :oops:

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:24 pm
goldenbear medium-rare
medium-rare

You won't be disappointed. I was deciding between the Chargriller and the bbqgalores Bar-B-Chef model. I just liked the Chargriller because it was bigger than the BarBChef model and the charcoal rack in the main chamber has a height adjustment. But I definitely don't think you can go wrong with any one of them. Smoke is smoke and it sure tastes great!

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:28 pm
Grill4U raw
raw

I have decided to buy a Chargrill with SFB. I would like to thank everyone for the great info posted on these boards. I have a Weber Summit Gas Grill, but I have been wanting to venture into the world of true BBQ. I am sure this will get me well on my way. If there are any suggestions, tips, or recipes that anyone would like to share with me, I would appreciate it.

I would also like to thank BBcue-Z for the great post on seasoning. I printed it out, and will follow it well. I did have a question about the foil. Do you have to change the foil after each grill? Thank you in advance for your help.

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:54 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

Welcome Grill4you

You won't be disappointed in the Chargriller. I don't know how everyone else does it, but I'll change the foil when it needs to be changed. Some might change it after each cook & I might also. It just depends on what shape it's in after the cook.
CGwSFB
Coleman 3300 gasser

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:07 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Grill4U! :D

Congrats on the new CG. You have a couple of great outdoor cooking appiances.

If I remember correctly I think folks were changing the foil after 3 or 4 cooks depending on condition.

Next

Return to General Discussion