Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBcue-z Add another to the list!!

BBcue-z Add another to the list!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:38 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Hey all,

New member, and just finished putting together my Char-Griller Super pro W/ side fire box, I can't wait to use it however, I have to work all weekend so it will have to wait til Tuesday. BBcue-z where is your post for seasoning the new grill? Also I have made the pizza from the "Bible" and also the BBC and bothe turned out spectacular!! Kind of a great end of the week, picked up my new grill/smoker, AND an engagement ring yesterday, work is not gonna be fun this weekend...LOL Any Ideas for an engagement dinner???

happy grillin,
Kyle

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:49 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

pizzakngjr welcome to the board! Double congratulations are in order (hoping she says yes :D )!

Think atmosphere...the food will be secondary to the mood. Good luck Kyle!

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:50 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Kyle welcome to the board,
Congrates on your purchase of the Char-Griller. You picked a winner. I know that you’ll enjoy this unit much. Please stay with us on this board and you’ll have a wealth of knowledge and support.
Here is the link (the post is on Page#2):
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/view ... light=torn
Let me know if I could help you with the new grill.
As far as your engagement dinner, first you’ll have to tell us what her favorite food is, and I’m sure you’ll have tones of suggestions. You don’t want to cook something you like, but she doesn’t. :wink:
Congratulation in advance and I hope it goes well for you. Let’s know of the out come.

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:11 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

One more question,

Will a bcc fit under the lid on the smoker pro, I did 2 in a weber kettle, and I put foil on top where they were touching the lid. They came out very good, but I wasn't happy with the clearance. And I am also gonna add that Channel 9 KETC here in St. Louis has Barbecue U on Saturdays @ 11:00-11:30am I noticed on the board yesterday it was TBD, since I have to work, time to start the VCR..LOL And thank you all I hope she says yes too...LOL

Kyle

Oh yeah I wanted to add also that I sold my gas grill last summer after getting "The Barbeque Bible" (I wanted to go back to charcoal) and this is my first grill since. Shopping around, Wal-mart carries the New Braunfels Silver smoker for $168 as does K-mart. Lowe's had the super pro for $119 and the side fire box for 49.00 In comparison, I like the car griller MUCH better, it's bigger and seems well constructed for the same price.Only disadvantage, is the lid, mine has two clevis pins with cotter pins and the clevis pins wobble in the holes. Anyone know of a hinge mod?I am going to try to get a sleeve or two from work to see if that clears it up..
Last edited by pizzakngjr on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:17 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I usually place the chicken on a smaller grate below the original one. This way I get much more clearance and I don’t have to remove the warming rack. See pix:

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:21 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Great pic, thanks!!! And was I correct was that 4 racks of ribs 10 Brats, 1 split chicken and 9 sate`s? And in your fire box do you use the minion and if so with Lump, briquettes, or what?

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:39 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

Yes they will fit. I did 4 BCC for a party about 4 weeks ago. I had room to do 2 more. So If you do them low like on BBcue-Z's post you should be able to get about 6 med. size birds on.

Congrats on the grill... you will love it.

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:45 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I have not used the minion method with the Char-Griller yet. But I believe it will be easily done on this grill.
You’re correct about the count. 4 rib racks, 1 split chicken, 10 Brats, and 9 big on a stick (these were boneless country ribs).

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:20 am
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Hey "Z" Got another Question,

When in the process did you season your cast iron grates on the char griller?? Or did you?

Thanks,
Kyle

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:36 am
Airfoils well done
well done

----
Last edited by Airfoils on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:46 am
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Thanks Airfoils One problem though,

I was asking about the BCC for my Smokin pro, Not a kettle, Thanks though as my dad has a kettle. Mine is the horizontal w/offset firebox. And they do make a rotissire attachment for it I may have to pick one up after all I have read on here about doing chicken that way. I was hooked on BCC but The rotissire chicken sound very good if not better!

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:50 am
Airfoils well done
well done

----
Last edited by Airfoils on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:01 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

Congrats, and thanks for sharing this story. You may qualify as our first BBQ Board Engagement! As a voice of female reason (and don't any of you wiseacres comment on that one), no matter what you serve, make sure you end the meal with something chocolate, and have a chair and supply of kleenex on hand. Fainting and tears are not uncommon.

Good luck!

Info (aka Amy)

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:01 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Amy,

Thank you very much, and Chocolate won't be a problem, she could own ALOT of stock in Hershey's..... :lol:

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:37 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

Give her one of them BIG Hershey kisses. :o

Next

Return to General Discussion