Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Prime Rib Pics

Prime Rib Pics

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:22 am
T-Rex well done
well done

This was my Dad's gift this year. $9 a pound for Choice grade and worth every penny. I used my old Char-Broil grill which I gave to my dad and pulled it at 105 degrees. Wrapped in foil and one went to 110 and the other to 115. The first one we cut up and ate. It was very rare..............................blood all over the place even after letting it rest for 15 minutes. All I can say is.......................it was fantastic!! 'Course, the T-Rex loves meat that's still kickin! :wink: I rubbed both wit EVOO and some fresh rosemary, cracked pepper, salt. I also made slits in these babies and inserted some garlic. I made some garlic/curry mashed taters to go along with it and some quick au jus with the drippins and some red wine. My dad and I are in agreement that a new tradition has been started. This was my first attempt and now we are hooked. If only they sold it for less!!

ImageImageImageImage

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:13 am
TX Sandman well done
well done

Good job, T-Rex! Looks like a fantastic meal.

T-Rex wrote:
$9 a pound for Choice grade and worth every penny. . . . If only they sold it for less!!

We did a prime rib one time for Christmas, the in-laws and my family. It was amazing how expensive it was (about $70), but oh so delicious.

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:27 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

Beautiful pix !!! I've started pulling mine a tiny bit later, say about 110 and letting rest about 15. I love steaks blood rare, but I've been seeing the reason for going for a rosy pink with the Prime Rib.. It slices a little easier too.

Sounds like it was quite a meal !!
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:16 am
copkid well done
well done

Looks like a fantastic meal! We were at Meijer Saturday, and I saw a beautiful piece of meat, I can't recall if it was filet or prime rib, and at first I thought it was $9 a lb, but that was the weight, and it was really $16 a pound! :cry: Needless to say, it didn't go into my cart!
Great job!
Laura

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:51 am
SmokyOkie well done
well done

Great job T!! They're always better when they're still on the bone, huh. Speaking of bones, that's my favorite part, always the rarest, and somehow, gnawing on the bone seems to satisfy the savage beast in me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Lucy, it sounds like you need to get some of those youngins out of the house so that you can afford some of the finer things in life. BTW, tenderloin is so much smaller diameter than rib, it's hard to mistake one for the other.

Happy New Year All,
Tim

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:00 pm
copkid well done
well done

dickeydoobbq wrote:
Great job T!! They're always better when they're still on the bone, huh. Speaking of bones, that's my favorite part, always the rarest, and somehow, gnawing on the bone seems to satisfy the savage beast in me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Lucy, it sounds like you need to get some of those youngins out of the house so that you can afford some of the finer things in life. BTW, tenderloin is so much smaller diameter than rib, it's hard to mistake one for the other.

Happy New Year All,
Tim

I'm pretty sure it was tenderloin. I'm still learning these things! :oops:
Laura

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:35 pm
SmokyOkie well done
well done

copkid wrote:
dickeydoobbq wrote:

Happy New Year All,
Tim

I'm pretty sure it was tenderloin. I'm still learning these things! :oops:
Laura

At that price it probably was. I've only seen standing rib priced that high if it was prime grade and dry aged.

If you ever come down this way, let me know, and I'll cook a little of each for you. :wink:

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:55 pm
T-Rex well done
well done

Thanks guys. If it sold for less, I'd eat it everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I will probably let it go a little longer next time even though we liked the results this time around. The last thing I wanted to do was ruin my Dad's Christmas gift by over cooking it.

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

My, My, that is some beautiful beef! :D I sure hope to cook some soon, 'cause you've got me wanting it now. 8)

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:14 pm
SmokyOkie well done
well done

T-Rex wrote:
Thanks guys. If it sold for less, I'd eat it everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I will probably let it go a little longer next time even though we liked the results this time around. The last thing I wanted to do was ruin my Dad's Christmas gift by over cooking it.

I think you'll find that you get a fairly perfect med. rare if you pull it @ 115*. I usually foil and rest in the oven @ 150* for about an hour. That gets about 125* internal for serving.

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:56 pm
mzungu70 well done
well done

Hi,

Piccies look great ..... 1 question, how long did u cook it for ?

Enjoy

dave
I Bar-B-Q to live and live to Bar-B-Q

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:43 pm
Hamilton medium-rare
medium-rare

What a treat, man that looks good.
No man can eat 50 eggs.

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:53 pm
Happy Cooker well done
well done

We don't have an emoticon that is drooling!! Looks great. I will have to try that one. JT 8)

Post Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:11 am
TX Sandman well done
well done

Happy Cooker wrote:
We don't have an emoticon that is drooling!!

Here ya go. I stole this one from Bill a while back. Use the "quote" button at the upper right of this post to see the code.

Image – drooling smiley

from http://bestsmileys.com/

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:21 pm
Luke Skywalker medium-rare
medium-rare

Looks awesome. Congrats. Nothing like prime rib.

Next

Return to General Discussion