Menu

What I’m Grilling Now: Smoke-Roasted Chicken

*|MC:SUBJECT|*

“The French say the hardest thing to cook is a perfect roast chicken,” the Hermit observed. By the way he said it, Claire sensed she had measured up.

I wrote these words in my 2012 novel, Island Apart. While that book is a love story, not a cookbook, it does suggest the primal importance of a well-roasted chicken in human gustatory happiness.

It also reveals a myth perpetuated by the French chefs I trained with in Paris—that a great roast chicken is a difficult dish to make. That myth has something to do with the contradictory attributes of a perfect roast chicken: skin so crisp it crackles when you bite it, yet meat so moist it squirts when you cut into it. Read More…

The Ultimate Cheese “Steak”

Tandoori Lamb Ribs with Herb Chutney

Get the Recipe…
Get the Recipe…

Barbecued Onions

Pork T-Bones on a Shovel

These are a cinch to make, and the wow power is off the charts. See Recipe…
In Australia, grilling is a whole evening’s entertainment. Read More…

Spring Cleaning for Your Grill

After the winter much of the country has experienced, it’s hard to believe—but spring has officially returned, and with it the promise of grilling in your shirtsleeves, not in a parka. Which brings us to spring cleaning your grill—a good practice even if you’ve been grilling all winter. Find Out How…

FROM THE STORE

BBQ USA

Celebrates the best of regional live-fire cooking in 450 recipes covering every state, plus Puerto Rico. See More…

Best of Barbecue Grid Lifter

Use this grabber to lift the hot grill grate without putting your hands at risk. Read More…

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest
Copyright © 2015 Barbecue! Bible, Workman, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Workman Publishing
225 Varick St.
NY, NY, 10014