Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Wife is a believer

Wife is a believer

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:19 pm
couvy rare
rare

When I got the Book How to Grill(for Christmas) , My wife was a skeptic. See she hates to try new things at a restaurant, where I like to explore everything on a menu . Therefore her doubts of the new flavors from the book began. I figured that I had one maybe two shots form the recipes to win her over.

First, I tried the Mojo marinaded pork. She loved the flavor. Now I am beginning to think about that second shot. :wink:

Second, simple barbeque chicken with the basic BBQ rub and the vinegar based mop sauce. WINNER. the flavor was amazing. :)

Third was her suggestion. " What do you need out of that book to smoke a brisket?" The brisket will be cooked this weekend. :D :shock:

In the meanwhile, trying the fajita recipe tonight on the grill. Have a feeling that I will be doing a lot of cooking outside from now on.

8)

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:45 am
Griffin well done
well done

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how it all begins 8)

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:17 pm
cmmull well done
well done

And if you would have done a good BCC first, she would have been hooked from day one...no 2nd or 3rd chance needed...either way, the journey has now begun....and it is a long, never-ending journey to find smoke and meat perfection (you never do, otherwise you would stop looking)....enjoy the journey, 'cuz the flavors are just going to get better.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:01 pm
BBQ Roger rare
rare

My wife was the same way! The smoke flavor converted her.

Now I am doing Blueberry Crumbs, Apple Crisps, and vegetables she never thought of grilling. Steve's offered many great ideas which she wants me to try.

My Paella is a knock out to her. When the clams and mussels pop open and the six shrimp on top with the heads on for garnish for the photo finish she thinks I have chosen the wrong profession.

The smoke taste gets them every time!

Wish I could include the pictures for everyone to see.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:02 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BBQ Roger wrote:
Wish I could include the pictures for everyone to see.

Me too! :lol:

couvy she's comin' 'round. 8) Keep up the good work!

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:16 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

Yepper, that is the way it starts. Now you will be out there all the time cooking. Don't let her know that you figured out that this is her way of getting you to do all of the cooking.... :wink: :wink:

The more you do, the more she will want. The more she wants, the more you will be cooking, and loving it.

Good luck, and enjoy it....

Bill

Return to Testimonials