Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials so....I'm manning the grill at my in-laws.....

so....I'm manning the grill at my in-laws.....

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Freelander medium
medium

My MIL asked me to man the grill for Ravens game day at her place Sunday (we won't even talk about the game). she sent me out with a dish containing a few small steaks in a pretty good marinade....then, handed me........(wait for it)........................................a FORK!! :shock:

there was a collective gasp from my wife and children, who have observed me in my grilling rituals for years now and know that I feel there should be a constitutional ammendment protecting meat on the grill from fork weilding rookies.
I discovered that my dear MIL does not own a set of tongs. I made do with a large spatula, but rest assured that a set of tongs will be in her Christmas stocking this year. :lol:
Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
-Mark Twain

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:04 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

FORK? Whatsa FORK? :wink: :lol:

She'll appreciate the tongs. 8)

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:17 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Make em a set of Steve's tongs and she'll be really happy!
They're the best I've owned.

Post Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:27 am
Freelander medium
medium

Grand Scale wrote:
Make em a set of Steve's tongs and she'll be really happy!
They're the best I've owned.

I'm hoping for a pair of those myself! She only seems to grill if I'm coming over....so maybe I'll just bring my own from now on. 8)
Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
-Mark Twain

Return to Testimonials