Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Thanks Steve!

Thanks Steve!

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:00 pm
JonM rare
rare

Steve - just some thanks from South Florida for your book "Sauces, Rubs and Marinades"

I have been smoking pork shoulders, beef roasts and ribs for 2 years now - ever since getting your book for Christmas. After adding a few personal touches to your recipes (I never want to let anyone get hold of the exact ingredients!), I have receieved numerous compliments on the taste of the meat. The ribs may even get entered into a cook-off in April '04 - at the request of a "fan" of the ribs. Thanks again and I look forward to exploring more into the world of BBQ!

Jon

PS - I am an avid spearfisherman (Grouper and snapper) - any thoughtrs on preperation?
JonM - Ft Myers
Chargriller with SFB
Charmglow gasser

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:53 pm
Leisa M rare
rare

John, or anyone my hubby is getting ready to do a ham in our smoker. He was told to make a rub with brown sugar, cloves and pineapple.

What would be the amnts that I would need to use to make this up, and should I add any liquid like water or oil?

TIA :?:
Leisa
Missy's Mom

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:54 pm
Leisa M rare
rare

John, or anyone my hubby is getting ready to do a ham in our smoker. He was told to make a rub with brown sugar, cloves and pineapple.

What would be the amnts that I would need to use to make this up, and should I add any liquid like water or oil?

TIA :?:
Leisa
Missy's Mom

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:19 am

Leisa,
I'm not sure on the amounts for that rub. I wouldn't go crazy with cloves because the taste is quite powerful. I have never added water to my smoker, but that's just me. Is the ham you are doing pre-cooked? That will make a difference on your cooking time.

Regards,

Jon

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:23 pm
Leisa M rare
rare

no it isn't. The ham is from a wild hog that my dad shot. He gave it to us because he did not want it.
Leisa
Missy's Mom

Post Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:59 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Leisa,

This is the 'Testimonial' Forum. I believe you will have much better results if you repost your question with a good subject title in the 'General Discussion' Forum. That's were we handle most of the how-to's. Hope this helps.

Post Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:11 pm
Leisa M rare
rare

I thought I was on the General board. BTW,, the ham turned out very good.
Leisa
Missy's Mom

Return to Testimonials