Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Check it out

Check it out

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:07 pm

New to this board/group. Trying to post some pics of some stuff I've done recently. Let me know how you think it looks. These are just some ribs that were in the process of getting some smoke and a brisket just after letting it rest, about to slice it.
Attachments
IMG_1822.JPG
IMG_1822.JPG (222.29 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
IMG_1539.JPG
IMG_1539.JPG (39.8 KiB) Viewed 1663 times

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:12 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

They look good enough to eat, that's what I think!! :lol:

What were your preparation methods? Did you use your own rubs or commercial ones?

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 pm

For the brisket, I always try to inject the night before after trimming the fat cap. I inject with Claude's brisket marinade. The next morning I'll rub it down heavy with salt and pepper. The seasonings I use in lighter portions are paprika, "grub rub", and crushed red pepper. I do like my BBQ to have some heat on the back end. I have an offset stick burner that I run pecan wood through (we have a ton of pecan trees here in central tx). I put it on for around 4 hours before I wrap in foil for another 3 hours. After taking it off I always let it rest in a cooler for 45 min - 1 hour before slicing. I always get a great smoke ring with this method and have been lucky enough to cater a few birthday parties and get great reviews.

The ribs get rubbed down with brown sugar and a commercial pork rub. Smoke them around 250 for 3 hours, then wrap in foil. I like to glaze the ribs with honey when I put them in the foil to finish cooking. They cook for another 1 1/2 - 2 hours then rest in a cooler as well. Usually they come off over-cooked because the bones will pull straight out of the meat. Great flavor, but I'd like to get them to stay on a little tighter and leave a bite mark.

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:39 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds like you have your methods down pat. Post a photo of that brisket smoke ring sometime! :thumbup:

Return to Testimonials