Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials A Happy Thanksgiving.

A Happy Thanksgiving.

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:15 pm
CubFanPete medium
medium

I am fairly new to smoking and Thanksgiving is not really a time for experiments. So I smoked my turkey on a water smoker following Steve's Directions step by step from the book "How to Grill" and evry thing turned out fantastic. With every recipe my confidence grow and my desire to do more and different things. Can't wait till Christmas.

Post Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:30 pm
snapshot0729 well done
well done

CubFanPete wrote:
With every recipe my confidence grow and my desire to do more and different things. Can't wait till Christmas.

That's what it's all about.... I'd recommend you DON'T wait till Christmas. that's 18 days away. That's 18 new recipes... Don't know what your plans are but you can't beat a prime rib or a ham on the grill. Follow SR's recs on either and you'll be just fine. The only variance I do with the prime rib is I don't french the ribs. I just leave it alone as far as that's concerned. Pack it heavy with a rub (spray with oilve oil first because the rub sticks better) to get a marvelous crust. I assure you you'll NEVER do a pr conventionally again. If that's too steep for the budget get a bone in ham, and do a search here for all of the ways to do that. Just don't get one of those spirals that are already precut. They have a tendency to dry out.
Keep up the good work, and keep us posted with your accomplishments... :D Merry Christmas
Joe

Return to Testimonials