Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials THE THINGS WE'VE LEARNED!!!!

THE THINGS WE'VE LEARNED!!!!

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:24 pm
AMY-MAC raw
raw

I JUST HAD TO TELL STEVE HOW MUCH MY HUSBAND AND I APPRECIATE ALL THE KNOWLEDGE HE HAS SHARED IN HIS BOOKS. AND THE RECIPES!....

WE WERE GRILLING FANS BEFORE, BUT DIDN'T HAVE THE KNOW-HOW. AFTER BUYING FOUR OF HIS BOOKS, WE DEFINITELY ARE LEARNING HOW.

ONE MORNING, I HAPPENED TO CATCH PART OF ONE OF HIS SHOWS, THE ONE ON VERMONT SMOKED MAPLE TURKEY BREAST. WE MADE IT AND LOVED IT SO MUCH, WE TRIED IT OUT ON THE FAMILIES FOR THANKSGIVING AND GOT RAVE REVIEWS. THE RUB RECIPE WORKS WELL ON CHICKEN, TOO! (EVEN CHICKEN BAKED IN THE OVEN.)

THE BASIC BBQ RUB HAS BEEN A NICE ADDITION TO OUR PANTRY, TOO. I'VE USED IT ON PORK CHOPS, COOKED LOW AND SLOW, (AS WE WERE TAUGHT!) AND THEY WERE SOOO GOOD, MY HUSBAND REQUESTED THEM AS HIS SPECIAL BIRTHDAY DINNER, EVEN THO HE COULD HAVE CHOSEN ANYTHING HE WANTED. MY HUSBAND GAVE A SAMPLE BATCH OF THE RUB TO HIS BOSS AND HE AND HIS WIFE LOVE IT, TOO. THEY PUT IT ON ANYTHING THEY ARE PUTTING IN THE OVEN, EVEN.

ANYWAY, THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. AS BBQ AND GRILLING APPRENTICES, WE OWE EVERYTHING WE KNOW TO YOU. KEEP TEACHING, WE'LL KEEP LEARNING.
GRILLIN' MAC

Where there's smoke, there's
GOOD EATIN'!

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:44 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board AMY-MAC! :D

Return to Testimonials