Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials First Timer's Ribs --- by a first timer!!!! w/ pix ****

First Timer's Ribs --- by a first timer!!!! w/ pix ****

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
rand0m medium-rare
medium-rare

new guy here, and i mentioned in my "intro" thread, that i have never really grilled before this....especially not anything like ribs....

i printed out the recipe from this site, and adjusted it to fit 3 racks, instead of 2 racks....id be lying if i said i wasnt nervous....but they came out REALLY good...everyone enjoyed them, even my wife and mother, who both dont EVER eat ribs....

here are just a few pics of the ribs....the rest of the pictures (prep, mop sauce, etc...) are on my sisters camera, but i wont be able to get those for a while....

anyways, here they are...i cant wait to try out more recipes from this site 8)

also, here is a picture of a couple flank steaks i cooked the next day....

the grill made me kinda nervous....its a rental house, so i didnt know what condition the grill would be in....i had to "jimmy" the burner nobs to get them to even work....even then, i wasn sure if "high" actually meant "high", etc....

anyways, thanks for lookin ;)

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:29 pm
TX Sandman well done
well done

Great job, bro! The ribs, steaks, and pics all look awesome!

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:31 pm
rand0m medium-rare
medium-rare

thanks ;)

i talked to my sister...she said she was buying more baby back's this week, so that when i go back this weekend, i can make them again....im excited :lol:

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:27 am
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those look great....if that's your first time, I can't wait to see the second!

Congrats on pulling off some good ribs!

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 am
rand0m medium-rare
medium-rare

Grillslinger wrote:

thanks! i cooked those at the beginning of the month, and since then, the grill has stoped working....i know they were trying to get it fixed by this weekend...and if it was, they were buying more baby-backs, so there might be a "round 2" ;)

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:13 am

rand0m wrote:
Grillslinger wrote:

thanks! i cooked those at the beginning of the month, and since then, the grill has stoped working....i know they were trying to get it fixed by this weekend...and if it was, they were buying more baby-backs, so there might be a "round 2" ;)

Congrats on the ribs. Get yourself a Weber kettle and some Royal Oak lump charcoal. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Weber Summit S-650
Weber Somkey Mountain Smoker
Weber One-Touch Performer (blue)

Return to Testimonials