Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Stuffed pork loin (HTG)

Stuffed pork loin (HTG)

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:46 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Tonight I tried the stuffed pork loin recipe in How To Grill and found it to be quite flavorful. It was a little more done than I would've liked (trying to do too many things at once) but the flavor was still very good. The only major change I made was to roughly double the amount of garlic in the tapenade.

Brad

Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:37 pm
767dvr medium-well
medium-well

I just did a stuffed loin this week on the gasser and it was good. the srips of bacon added a nice flavor.
cheers,
ed
weber silver c
ecb

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:03 am
bajamike560 well done
well done

How big was the loin roast that was cooked and how was it cut?
Safeway had loin roast on sale and picked a bunch up, the butcher was kind enough th cut it for me but he did the butterfly cut on them. What I was going to do is roll them out type of cut. Not really what I wanted but turned out good anyway. What was stuffed in them?
I have tried fresh pepper's, onion's, garlic, carrot's etc etc at different time's with some kind of pesto type of sauce for base. The color's look great but still trying to find the "just the right thing"
Thanks for any input.

Mike

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:43 am
peaksjam rare
rare

I tried the stuffed loin that I saw on BBQU with bourbon, mustard, and rub wrapped in bacon. It was a lot of fun to put together and came out great, but it was a lot of work for a piece of meat that I've had excellent success with following much easier prep.

That said, because it was so much fun to prep and a good excuse to hang out next to my chargriller for a couple of hours, and the end result was mighty tasty, I'll definitely do it again!

Return to Testimonials