Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Carolina Pulled Pork

Carolina Pulled Pork

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:32 am

Man....I followed the recipe in the BBQ Bible, and what was in How to Grill, and I made the best pilled pork I have ever had. First time doing it myself! I Smoke Roasted it, indirectly on my Performer Grill, not a true smoke, but a VERY VERY nice setup in any event. I used Apple Grillwood on top of my coals, and created a great smoke tasting moist pork that I will be making many times over.

I smoke-roasted for about 4.5-5 hours(the shoulder was only about 4.5 pounds), at between 300-325F, and waited til it was 195F in the center of the shoulder(boston butt), away from the bone, and removed it from the grill. Covered it for about 15-20 minutes in aluminum foil, and served.

I dont know if I have had a better grilling experience. Very easy with the mop sauce, and, you just have to remember...on the outside its not supposed to look pretty....its whats on the inside that counts. And that is true. After I took my first bite of my sandwich....I knew it was a good investment! Thanks Steven! And now its on to Brisket!

LVS
Weber Performer One Touch Charcoal Grill

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:22 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the dark .... err ... I mean .... 'bark' side. :lol:

It only gets better and better from here. :D

Congrats on your successful cook. 8)

PICTURES :wink:

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:28 pm

I used the same recipe as you did and had the very same results. I can not see myself cooking direct grilling again

I have owned the CG for 3 years and it just sat there going to waste then I collected a cord of oak from a tree my sister-in-law had cut down. after the results I got it's wood fire for me from now on.
3 Char-Griller Smokin Pros with SFBs
2 Of the CGs afterburner equipt

Return to Testimonials