Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion memphis in may and steve

memphis in may and steve

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 12, 2004 10:27 pm
MemphisMike medium
medium

Steve will be in memphis, friday 5:00 down on the river. I hope it isn't raining.
Mke

Post Thu May 13, 2004 8:38 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Mike I'm hoping that you'll be able to attend tomorrow, rain or shine, so you can give us a detailed report of event, aromas and tastes for those of us that can’t be there. Hoping for good weather!

Post Thu May 13, 2004 2:59 pm
MReynolds well done
well done

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I have always been under the impression that a person couldn't "just attend" Memphis in May but had to be a participant in the competition. Meaning that you couldn't just head to Memphis for a vacation and hope to purchase/eat some of the goodies from the event.

I've got some good friends down there and if I'm wrong, I'd better start planning my vacation time for next year.
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Thu May 13, 2004 3:46 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

You can buy tickets at the gate: Memphis in May Link

Found another site that tells when it opened to the public:

More than 97,000 people attended the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest to see, smell and experience the legend of Memphis Barbecue. 1999 saw the introduction of Rib Row, an area that offers championship barbecue to the public.

Post Fri May 14, 2004 9:24 am
MReynolds well done
well done

Thank you Bob. I've got to call my buddy and make some plans. :wink:
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Fri May 14, 2004 5:29 pm
MemphisMike medium
medium

yes it is raining but I have to head down to the river. I'd love to be cooking but, seeing my friends and steve is worth it. I'll let you know later how the day went.
Mike

Return to General Discussion