Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Coleman grills?

Coleman grills?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 10, 2004 3:22 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Hey gang, I have finally returned to a somewhat normal life after moving several times in the last few months. Good thing is it is now time to get a new grill. I have seen at Lowe's (don't kill me Vinsect-HD is just too far away!) the Coleman 5300 grill with 4 burners and 767 sq. inches of surface. Also have my eye on the Weber Genesis Silver B. Anyone have any opinions on the Coleman grills?

Post Mon May 10, 2004 4:13 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Both Good. Go with the Weber.
I recently had a problem with my Weber Summit D lid and they sent me a whole new lid no questions asked. Told me to keep the old one to boot. Plus asked if there was anything else, I said the ignitors stick sometimes, they sent me a whole new set of those too!

I'll never buy anything but Weber, and with their service and quality I may not have too!

Look at the "Weber Genesis Silver B thread" for more.

Post Tue May 11, 2004 2:39 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

Hey Stripe

It depends on the features your looking for. I have a Coleman 3300. I like the grill. It doesn't have a sideburner. It has a frier, steamer, warmer in it's place. It also has a nice table on the other side that swings up for extra work space. I haven't really noticed the 5300. The one I have is a nice grill. I agree with GS about the Weber. All the Weber heads on this board can't be wrong. My next grill or an additional grill will be a Weber charcoal. I didn't like the charcoal grills for the lighter food taste. It sounds like lighting the charcoal with a chimney starter has changed that. I'm starting to get an itch for a Weber. Or is that a different itch? :oops:

Post Tue May 11, 2004 2:44 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Here's a link to the Coleman 5300 if anyone wants to take a look: Coleman 5300.

And here's a link to the Weber® Genesis® Silver B: Weber® Genesis® Silver B.

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:14 pm
502mids well done
well done

jm42fan,

I just saw the Coleman 5300 at Lowes today, it's basically what you have. Do you like it? How does the fryer work out (my kids like my french fries, but it would be nice to move the mess outside)?

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:15 pm
502mids well done
well done

Hey, I'm rare! How'd that happen? Is there a ceremony?

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:51 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Take off your shirt. Lie down on the ground. Now it's time for your first gang pink belly.

Who wants to start?

Don't be gentle. Don't be shy.

Any takers?
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:57 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

Hey 502

I'm sorry it took so long to reply, I was on vacation for 2 weeks. I really like the grill. The work table is really nice. You can't have enough prep space. The frier is really nice. I have fried potato's & fries. It's nice to be able to make the fries outside so that you don't get grease all over the kitchen. I also have steamed vegetables. The grill is really easy to have 3 zone fire & indirect grilling. It doesn't control flareups like I wish it would. That's why zone fires are good. I like the grill, but if I could do it over again, I would go with a weber gas grill for the reasons that people have talked about on this board. Nothing against the Coleman, but there is a reason why so many people on this board, use a Weber. Customer service, quality, etc.

Return to General Discussion